Two 10" Orion H2 subs vs. Two JL 10W7's LLLets get ready to RUMBLE!!!

Anonymous

Ive been planning on goin with the setup of two JL 10W7's with the 1000/1 but lately Ive been hearing about how loud these H2's are. I'm looking for the LOUDER setup that also has great sq. If i went witht the H2's Id pry run them from the Orion 2500. So... Which is the LOUDER setup with some good sq??? Thanks in advance for any help

Mikey M
Unregistered guest
DAMN.....is ne1 gunna answer this kid... i got the same question here too except i have the PG XENON 1200.1 amp and now its time to get the subs... I ALSO AM thinkin about MTX9500 10 in...HELP US OUT GUYS!

Anonymous

Gee whiz, I would have figured all those JL buffs would jump all over this thread. Lets here ya back your hardware!!! lol

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 321
Really, I'm not a big Jl fan. They make great stuff, but there are subs that are just as good for a lot less money. Are these your only two options? I like the H2's, they sound fantastic and get really loud. H2's have more X-max (29 mm vs. JL's 23mm) but the W7 has a great deal more surface area due to the overroll surround, etc.(JL has 386cm^2 while the H2 has 290cm^2). They don't list Volume of displacement specs, so SPL comparison is a tough call, but it'll be pretty close. JL's drop lower, too. Other 10" subs to consider are 10" Eclipse Titaniums, Adire Audio Brahmas, Resonant Engineering X.X.X, Image Dynamics ID Max, Elemental Designs if your options aren't limited to just the W7 and H2.

Mikey M
Unregistered guest
Well if they wont answer ill let u in on my info....i have been researchin this thing myself for awhile and i have been to alot of car audio shops...i have been talkin to this one owner of a car audio shop and he said the H2 has better SPL but the W7 pulls ahead alittle when it comes to SQ. This guy doesnt even sell Orion so i no he isnt tryin to perswade me to go JL. But the way i figure it is once u get that loud does a little difference in SQ matter....unless u do ur setup to b SQ of course. Mtx he said is crap compared to W7 AND H2. The new Rockford Fonsgate T1 and T2 subs he said was also in the same class as...crap. And he said the eclipse titaniums are overrated and a w7 and H2 will beat em anyday, given a monster amp like i have... I tried to talk to him about the RE-triple X( this post wont let me write three X'es in a row, it claims its "not allowed"..but anyway) and Adire Audio Brahmas..but he has no clue wat im talkin about...
So basically it comes down to.....H2 a little better spl and u can find em for a lower price , W7 a little better SQ ...high price anywhere and the RE-triple x are still a mystery to me to find any to purchase...but people claim they are better than both the H2 AND W7????!!!!
WELL THATS THAT!!!!HAHA!
hope it helps ya out!

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 323
I like the X.X.X. series better than both of them. I've heard them. Take my referral, they're fantastic subs. They have great sound quality. They use XBL^2 drivers just like Adire Audio Brahmas do, and have a 32mm x-max. They are wicked subs and will outpound most subs out there, including H2's and W7's. Really, I don't push these "supersubs" to their full potential, so SQ is my priority. RE X.X.X subs deliver both very well. ID max subs are also very good. The problem with W7's is that the 13W7 is built sooo much more than a 10 W7 is, so the X-max and surface area is higher, I think that the 13W7's are the only ones to consider if you go the JL route. It's also hard to compare JL 13W7's to other brands saying the odd size, it has more surface area than a 12 and less than a 15.

Mikey M
Unregistered guest
Does any1 know any sites to get the RE triple x off of...possibly at the lowest price possible?

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 333
I haven't seen sites with them for sale, can't find any, anyway, and I don't think they authorize internet sales, but don't hold me to that. Go to www.respl.com and they should have a dealer find.

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 337
O.k, they don't have a dealer find, but there has to be an online retailer because they have international online retailers. It doesn't give a site for the US, they have a sales dept. e-mail, you can send them one, they also list their telephone number so you can call and ask. Really, their website sucks, it's all Flash 6, takes a while to load, and not too informative in finding dealers, just go to contact.

Mikey M
Unregistered guest
yea i just sent the guy an email saying i live in the boston area and how can i obtain these subs and how much money :-)
i am still thinking about the Orion H2.....hmmmm

Anonymous

Ya but if i were to go with a pair of Orion H2 10.2's would one Orion 2500 run the pair VERY VERY LOUD(untill I'm deaf) or would I need one wired to each sub?

Mikey M
Unregistered guest
hmmmmm im not too familiar with orion 2500....but i can tell u that a pg xenon 1200.1 or a jl audio 1000/1 will power 2 10H2 to a point where you cant be in ur car because it will hurt....if you have a hatchback... :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us