Artbowski

Username: Artbowski

Stroudsburg, PA USA

Post Number: 1
I installed my 500 watt boss amp and it has 2 lights. a green power and a red protect. the face that i have is a 3 year old kenwood. i can't find a good remote wire. I touched it to other wires (Orange, yellow) and the red protect light comes on. Has anyone ever run into this problem before? If so what can I do?

Bronze Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 61
On the back of your head unit look for a wire that is either labeled rem or thats blue with a white stripe and hook it to that.

Stroudsburg, PA USA

Post Number: 2
I did it didn't even power up. how hard is it to run your own remote wire.

Anonymous

not hard run it to the fuse box and put a toggle switch on it so you can turn it off.

Bronze Member

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 63
How many blue wires or part or the radio harness.

Bronze Member

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 64
How many blue wires or part or the radio harness.

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 218
For a good remote place try the many fuse boxes located inside and under the hood. Look for ones like ACC, IGN, Radio. Coil the remote wire around that and flip the key. If the AMP light stays on with out the key in the ignition then move it to a different fuse.

Stroudsburg, PA USA

Post Number: 3
i can't figure it out the power should turn, I hooked it to a wire that said 12V constant, teh power antenna and the ignition, i even hooked it to the fuse box and the protection light comes on. I have installed many amps before and never ran into this problem. could it be a bad wire in my head unit or would the head unit not work than.

Stroudsburg, PA USA

Post Number: 4
does anyone know what a surge protection is , why it is used, and what would cause an amp's surge protector to activate.

Bronze Member
Username: Jayj

Post Number: 75
Prolly to much voltage coming to the amp or not enough. What size wire are you using. and what size fuse do you have by the battery.

Stroudsburg, PA USA

Post Number: 6
I used 8 guage wire run to the battery, but it was short so I spliced 2 14 guage speaker wire in the middle, the ground is the same size, I have all the right size fuses that are recommended.

Stroudsburg, PA USA

Post Number: 7
I give up. anyone have an amp that works that they will sell for cheap?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us