I need help!!!! Please!!!!

Doug
Unregistered guest
I've got my Alpine type S subs. They RMS 300 watts and Max 600 watts each, dual voice coil at 4Ohm + 4Ohm a piece. I'm getting a new amp but i don't have enough money right now. I do have an old amp right now that I could hook up to my subs untill i get this new amp. It is a Pyrmaid Crystal PB781X. The amp RMS 75 watts x 2 at 2 Ohms. Would it even be worth it to hook this amp to my subs right now or should I just wait untill I get my new amp? Am I even going to get any power out of my subs at all?

Anonymous

Doug just wait until you get a new amp (I recommend a JBL 600.1) then wire your subs for a 1 ohm load for best sound. You can use this diagram to help you with the wiring.

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/ISEO-rgbtcspd/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wi ring.html?subs=2&impedance=DVC4x2

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 213
You could hook it up all right now so that way when you get the new amp all you got to do is plug in the wires and mabey re-wire the subs to get the correct load. If you not busy now then it would probably be worth it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us