Wassup yall

Username: Cubalibre

Post Number: 1
wassup guys,

just wanted to introduce myself. ive been checking out this forum for a long time and finally decided to become a member. im looking for some suggestions on my car-audio system. right now i got sum loud ssa Sony Xplods with P2 sitting in the back. i still feel like its not loud enough so im looking at getting a new system. while looking at stuff in this forum i noticed a so called "drivingreckless" who designs custom enclosures. i just need some advise on what kind of compound i should go with: Medium-Density Fiberboard, Plexy, or plywood. i dont want it to be too loud cuz i still wanna hear my high-flow muffler. (i luv my new civic.) Any-hoo price is not an issue, so recklessdriving please help a brother out.

Silver Member
Username: Ducka

Shelby Township, MI United States

Post Number: 415
welcome,

You can go with MDF or plexy(plexi is difficult to use and expensive).

BTW: Yeah get rid of those Sony's... time to upgrade!

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 10296
i have not seen dave on this site for a while bud but im sure someone else could help you design a solid enclosure

Silver Member

Post Number: 417
I would be happy to give you some links and pointers to designing a solid enclosure, but im not one of the professional box building guys. I built my own box, and im gunna be starting on a second pretty soon here. The one I built turned out great. So let me know if you want some help.

Post Number: 2
Thanks for all the response. Ill def go with the mdf. Yea, Sony alright not the best. I was referred to drivingreckless by an old buddy of mine so I just wanted to see if he was good as his rep.

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 10297
He was great at designing boxes and its a shame he doesnt come on anymore. Someone will open this thread and will be willing to help you with an enclosure

Silver Member

Post Number: 421
Yeah like phil or fishercustoms. They could help you out.

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1999
welcome cuba!

and yea dave doesn't come here anymore for some reason... He and Rob fought too much

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 18173
Plywood is not recommended and plexi is too expensive.

And there are quite a few members who have recently either left, jumped ship, abandoned E, been deported , or simply moved on.

Silver Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 607
or me =]

Post Number: 3
u guys are cool. does he use aim or maybe someone on here still talks to him? I haven't seen a "Rob" post too much? did i miss something?

Silver Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 608
let me build you a box cuba
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us