Hey Glasswolf, or anybody ese

Anonymous

I currently have a budget of about 1,650.00 dollars to put into subs, amp, and an enclosure. Im looking for some insane bass(very loud) but also with great sq. I listen to a lot of Rock so I figured I better go with 10's. Any setup ideas for me? P.S. Im looking at JL W7's, Orion, or Dimanond Audio.

jjj316
Unregistered guest
Id go with W7. At least thats what I have.

Anonymous

Thanks, will the JL 1000/1 power two of those and run them Perfectly?

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 106
Yea it would

Bronze Member
Username: Rswan

Post Number: 85
if you get a jl 1000/1 then it will be to much for just 2 10in w7's i would get 3 of them in that case

robert smartt
Unregistered guest
its jl audio i mean it doesnt get much better than that, i got a feelin the 2 will be able to handly that much wattage and prolly could take some more.

Anonymous

Three 10W7's are you sure? I mean I can afford it, but can that amp power three of those and play them very loud?

Bronze Member
Username: Rswan

Post Number: 86
my friend just got the setup i was talking about but he got 3 w6v2's not w7's im sure the amp could still handle 3 w7 10's just fine. you figure even though the amp is rated at 1000/1 it can probably put out a little more if its tuned right.

Anonymous

Will the three run the amp hot at a higher volume, and was it a lot louder with the extra sub? Also, what enclosure works best with the W7's. By the way, one 10W7 is 500 watts RMS

Anonymous

Anon go with 2 they can hold that 1000/1 with no problem If anything you may need to turn the amp down a little but I don't think you will need too. I know some people that have 2 10W0s powering them with a JL 500/1 if those 125watt RMS subs can take a beating like that then those W7s will have no problem with that 1000/1 that will be the RMS 500 to each sub. Plus JL Audio products are UNDER RATED anyway. you will be fine with 2.

Anonymous

Thanks for your help So wut type of enclosure do I go with for these two babies. Sealed, vented, ported? Dual, two singles? Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Oh ya, would the three W7's sound louder then the 2 W7's witht the 1000/1 amp?

Bronze Member
Username: Jayj

Post Number: 19
The box depends on what kind of sound you want from the subs. And 3 subs will be a bit more punchy then 2 so I would say its all up to you and what you want.

Anonymous

Well Im looking to move some serious air, some power, does that help?

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 325
3 will give more SPl, but the subs will be underpowered. A 10W7 take 500W RMS, and the 1000 is perfect for 2 10W7's. 3 will be ok, you'll need a huge ported box for the most SPL out of those subs, build a slot vented box to JL's specs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us