Im Having A Problem...Help Would Be Great

Silver Member
Username: Tycoonbob

Ky USA

Post Number: 208
So I threw my old subs [2 10: Type S w/ MRD605 amp] into my car. I have them wired up with a line output converter, so I can retain the stock head unit. Now I know these are just mid grade Alpine, but I actually like them...they hit hard, and I can make a video of it tomorrow. But my problem is that when I power off the radio, I get MASSIVE feedback from my subs. They just vibrate making an approx. 60 hz tone...and its really loud. Let me remind you, my radio is off.

Now a little about my setup. 2007 eclipse. factory head unit, Schosche [yeah, cheap...and its the one from walmart] line output converter. LOC is connected to my 2 front speakers in the door. LOC is placed behind the factory HU. I have RCA running from LOC to my amp in the trunk. Sub/Amp all hooked up correctly, its all on a 4 ga wire kit. remote is wired to a fuse that is only on when key is on. So I know the problem is something to do with the way the LOC is connected. Now I do NOT have the ground on the LOC wired up, and I can't really tell you why. I mean....it works without it, and I never wired it up in my previous car either. I am just wondering if anyone knows FOR SURE that that is my problem. I dont want to pull it all out and do that if that wont fix it.

This is just a temp set up...later going to a 7" in dash with a Fi Q 12". But I still want to get my problem fixed. I will make a video tomorrow so maybe you can see what is going on incase no one responds tonight

Silver Member
Username: Ducka

Shelby Township, MI United States

Post Number: 409
Not sure, but it might be the amp is staying on. Check the remote wire.

Silver Member

Ky USA

Post Number: 209
ah...i never thought of that. i know the amp stays on when the radio is off, so thats whats causing it?

is the power antenna basically the same thing as a remote wire?

Silver Member
Username: Ducka

Shelby Township, MI United States

Post Number: 410
uhhh i think so... Im pretty sure it would be the remote wire.

Silver Member

Ky USA

Post Number: 210
alright, awesome. I will try that tomorrow...thanks much

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4271
"is the power antenna basically the same thing as a remote wire?"

Not always. best to wire it into the dash to a switched 12 volt fuse.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us