Idea's for 07' Eclipse

Silver Member
Username: Tycoonbob

Ky USA

Post Number: 206
So I have a 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse, and of course I am going to redo the audio. Right now I am looking at..

-JVC KW-AVX710 Double DIN DVD player
-JVC iPod adapter to give complete iPod control to hu

As far as subage, I am not sure what I want to do. I figure I will just leave all existing speakers in, and plug them to the hu...it's what I did on my previous car. I'm not looking for insane bass or anything like that either. Currently have a LOC hooked up to an Alpine MRD-605 [600 rms amp] with 2 10" Alpine Type-S in a sealed box. Yeah, I love it...I dont need nothing spectacular, just noticable thump. 600 rms is great for me, but what I am wanting to do if find some new kind of sub. I will get an amp according to needs, but what I want sub wise is:
-Single 12"
-Seal box no bigger than1.2 cu ft [perfer 0.8 cu ft or under]
-600 to 1000 rms from this single amp.

I already have a 4 gauge kit wired up to my existing subs, so power wire/ground is fine along with alt and stuff.

Any idea's on a sub that would fit what I am looking for? and I am mostly looking for SQ out of it too. Not nasty, low, bad sounding bass, comparable to how a L7 would sound.

These are a few subs that I am currently looking at:
-DD 9100 [12 inch]
-DD 2500 [12 inch]
-Audioque HDC310-A [10 inch]
-Audioque SDC2.512 [12 inch]

That's all I can remember off the top of my head. Anyone got opinions/suggestions?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8410
Fi Q is exactly what you're looking for.

Or an old style XXX if you wanted to buy used.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8688
Burn it.

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2391
Derek,from KY huh? Where bout in KY?

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 3796
if you have the money, dd 9112.

if not, Fi Q, Stereo Integrity Mag or SSA Icon would all be an excellent choice.

the cisco kid

Silver Member
Username: Tycoonbob

Ky USA

Post Number: 207
Well right now I am living back and forth between my parents houses. One is in east ky, like on the border of WV, and my mom is in Campbellsville in central Ky, about an hour south of louisville.

but, Fi Q, I haven't really heard much about those...but 2 of you think it would be a good choice. Can you give me price range for a dd 9112 and 12" Fi Q?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8411
Qs are $250+ each. 9100s are a hell of A LOT more than that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us