Something weird.

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1611
Ok so im bumping my system like i usually do and then out of no where my HU, and amps would just shut off randomly at the same time for like 2secs while im driving and then power back on again like if i just started my car up. This has never happened to me before until i got my new amp i got in a trade a Clarion DPX11500. Im guessing too much power is being used? 1500 @ 2ohms on my hdc315. wouldnt the amp just shut off not my hu too, its weird. It only does it once in awhile not all the time. i only have the big 3 done. any help would be great. thanks guys.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8400
It sounds like a bad connection your HU wiring.

Unless you voltage is dropping a lot.....

Gold Member

PA

Post Number: 1612
i never had a problem once eversince i installed my hu. the voltage drops to like 10 then goes back to 12. i also have a zx250.2 hooked up for my comps. i thought usually the amp would just shut off, not the headunit too. I just ordered a 160 amp alt lastnight.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8402
Damn that would be the problem. Get a HO alt and high current battery in asap

Gold Member

PA

Post Number: 1613
lol yeah i figured as soon as i put that clarion in, before i had a zx1000.1 and it was fine. i still thought usually the amp just cuts out if its using to much power not the hu too.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 10472
My guess is your voltage drops are actually in the 9 volt range which would probably cause both to shut off. Like M.S. said get the electrical straight as soon as possible.

Gold Member

PA

Post Number: 1614
alright thank guys. it scared the sh*t out of me the first time it happened lastime. i got a 160amp h/o alt on the way. :-)

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8404
Thats good but they battery matters also..... look in to what kenitik, odyssey, etc battery your car fits.

Gold Member

PA

Post Number: 1615
well with my luck right after this thread i went to start my car n it wouldnt start. i use my dad's booster pack n had it on for like 10 mins and took it off and i turned the car off and tried to start it. it wouldnt. so i went to autozone and just got a duralast batt.....that was like 108 and i get 12 back for the core.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8406
Wait..... why would buy another regular battery when you could have bought a high current car audio battery? What better opportunity than when your stock battery dies.

Gold Member

PA

Post Number: 1616
because my car wouldnt start, that battery in my car was a everlast from walmart with the date of 2004. i needed a new battery right at this moment thats why....i had no choice. im not going to play my system like i usually do until i get my new alt installed. my battery is a the 35 series i wouldnt even know where to look for a high current car audio battery at.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 4252
"so i went to autozone and just got a duralast batt.....that was like 108 and i get 12 back for the core."

"my battery is a the 35 series i wouldnt even know where to look for a high current car audio battery at."

At autozone lol....could of atleast got a optima.

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1984
dammmmmm.... You've been dropping to 10 volts and thoght that was okay????????

And x2 on why buy a non car audio batt...

CAn u take the duralast back after u order a kinetik or yellowtop?

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 1059
X2

return that sh*t.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8409
Kientik, odyssey, one of the good ones for car audio. NOT optima.

Gold Member

PA

Post Number: 1617
yeah i was looking at the kinetik hc1400 online but dont know if that will fit in my car or not. i have a 99 camry 4 cylinder...lol berny they had optima batts there, but the one he showed me i could get for my car was only for starting so that one was pointless...

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3887
powermaster,odessey,nsb90,deka.hell even a battey from sears woujldnt be bad. die hard platinum is an agm battery

Bronze Member
Username: Grayalien

Post Number: 14
you can't return batteries to autozone if its been installed unless they are bad. and then they usually will only replace it with another one.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us