Amp advice

longhorn827
Unregistered guest
i have read all the threads about audiobahn and know the general opinion about the product on this board. whether or not they are good or not i just would like a non biast opinion about what amp i should buy...i have tried to do research but i cant go out and test every amp and from my experience forums have offered the best advice on various topics with in and outside of car audio next to going to an install shop. so i turn to you for advice.

I have 2 audiobahn aluminum 12Q subs, general specs:
120 oz. Double Stacked Strontium Magnets
Power Handling: 1000 watts R.M.S. 2000 watts Peak
Frequency Response: 18Hz 500Hz
Efficiency: 96.4dB
PHAT 1.75" EPDM Rubber Surround
Spun Aluminum Cone
3" 4-Layer ASV Voice Coil
Dual 6 Ohm
3 Ohm or 12 Ohm Operation

now the first question i have is about the last spec, does that mean these subs can only operate at 3 or 12 ohms, b/c i was going to wire them at 2 ohms, and i didnt want to damage them. i know this is a amp forum but i thought i would as anyways. finally what amp brand, size, model, class, etc. should i use? price reallly isnt an issue i was planning on spending around 1000 on 2 amps, the other for an sudiobahn component set, and again i wanted to ask what 4-channel amp would you advice me to use for those? any advice would be greatly appriciated. thank you
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us