8 inch subs

Silver Member
Username: Deadrabit

Post Number: 744
looking for some 8s.
not really sure all is out for 8s. can't find a lot of them. i did find some square kicker 8s s8l5s for 69 on ebay
and some AQ sd2s 8s are only 89

the AQs have single 4 ohm voice coil. idk if that is good or bad or is just in the wiring.

the kicker would have more cone area but idk
looking for SPL.... i know i wont get much spl out of 8s

Silver Member
Username: Kravenblood

That one, Ohio

Post Number: 419
could try sundown 8's

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 729
yah sundown has the e8 8" subs right now for 60 + shipping on ca.com

they look beefy, and there's a review putting them up against some of the top 8's out right now.

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Maple Grove, Minnesota

Post Number: 2633
I have experience with both the Soundsplinter RL-i and DD 1508. I would recommend either one of them, but they're not cheap.

Silver Member
Username: Deadrabit

Post Number: 749
like them all

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 3205
yeah just search sundown e8 or woofercooker, mike is building/rebuilding all of the ones that failed, or at least several of them (at least 100), and selling them up to par with the new ones that will be coming out soon for 60 a pop.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 3795
bcs, could we get a little review/comparison of the rl-i and 1508. i personally am interested in hearing your answer.

jk

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Maple Grove, Minnesota

Post Number: 2634
I wish I could compare them, but they were COMPLETELY different installs. I used the RL-i 8s in a small ported box tuned low in a sedan and I absolutely loved them. Incredibly accurate and louder than I ever expected for 8s. As for the DD, it was in a small sealed box (which DD in no way recommends) and in a truck. It did it's job, and I could certainly see the thing's potential, but I couldn't pull it out of it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us