Real benefit of one sub over two?

Bronze Member
Username: Weezer4rock

Post Number: 15
I'm looking at replacing my 8" ported enclosure with a sealed enclosure. I'm debating between one 10 or two 10s and I'm wondering what real life benefits there are to two. My understanding is that two subs will be louder but not necessarily more accurate than one. Cost is certainly a factor, so if louder is the only real benefit then I'll probably go with one. Advice anyone?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8669
A single sub is all that is needed to get a well balanced car audio system.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8352
Adding multiple subs doesn't make it less accurate or change the SQ. Just makes it louder.

Silver Member
Username: Brewsky

Prince george, British colu... Canada

Post Number: 102
get a solid 10 or 12 in a ported box just one and you should be happy

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1487
I would try one sealed 10 and if you need it to be louder either port it or get a 2nd. A nice well powered single sub is more than enough if you're going the sq route.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Well, I think the consensus is that a single 10 will do the job... which makes my wallet very happy! Thanks for the advice.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4763
Adding multiple subs indeed can and usually does effect SQ. Each sub has its own parameters, regardless of how hard the manufacture tries it cannot get each sub of a given model to act EXACTLY the same as its sisters. This said at a given point with multiple subs they would be fighting each other somewhere down the line hurting transient response. Younger crowd probably couldn't hear the difference but some of the older vets could. I myself prefer a single. In your case I would go with a quality single 10, even if it is used to stay withing your budget. Polo..

Silver Member
Username: Cozce

Post Number: 227
What's your budget?

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SOCAL2 RE 15 XXX

Post Number: 2453
What's your current setup? how much cash you got?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
I'm looking a $100 or less for the sub. I've got a set of RF Fanaticq comp. in the front stage w/ 75w each. I'll be running about 200w to the sub in the trunk. 2000 civic coupe.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us