HELP! amp wiring going wrong!

Unregistered guest
Hello!

Thank god i found you guys!

So, i got some subs and an amp from a friend and made myself a ported box to go with them, spent the 100 bucks on the good wiring kit and decided to do it myself..

I wired everythign just like the oline instructions said.. put the fuse 4 inches from battery, grounded, ran the Blue auto wire (but put a switch on it) and speakers are hooked up.

went to play it and nbothing happened! So i went to walmart to get a "tester" and still nothign was happeneing. I know hte switch is working cause the one amp has a light that goes on or off depending how it's thrown. The power works too i think cause the second amp had a solid power light on reguardless of switch being thrown.. and the RCA cables make a crack noise then i take them out and put them back in, so i'm assuming that means they're working too!

The system is the Pioneer MP3 one they sell at Best buy right now. got it last month. so i know that's good.

WHAT THE HECK DID I DO WRONG??? i thought i covered all the basics, but nothing is happening!

can someone please try to help me? i'm starting to give up!

THANKS GUYS!

Bronze Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 33
Check and make sure your speakers are connected inside the box. Maybe try and take the switch out becuase I had the same problem.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 285
It sounds like it's getting power and remote signal. Is the protection light on? It could be the settings in the head unit. Pioneer head units require you to go to the function menu and turn the rear preout to SubW (non fading is another option, which is fine if you set the low pass filter on the amp). Then go to audio settings and turn SW on.

Unregistered guest
the speakers definetly work... had them hooked up to mt deck without amp.. no worries there...

also ried connecting them without the switch.. also no effect.

I just tried that SW thing Jonathan was talking about.. my deck doesn;t seem to have that option. the actual deck is the Pioneer DEH-P4600MP if that's any help.

thanks for the advice guys and keep it coming! still working on this annoying problem!

Bronze Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 41
This may sound weird but one time I had a fosgate amp hooked up and the light came on and no sound. I shortned the power wire and all was well. Never made sense to me but it worked. Also check and make sure your rca are plugged all the way in.

bubba
Unregistered guest
the pioneer deck does have a sub on/off switch. you need to scroll through your menu, possibly even hold down your menu button to bring up even more options. just look at all the features your hu has and look for sub level or anything relating to a low pass then turn it on/off.

Unregistered guest
i'll check out the RCA wires in the morning, and as for the Power wire, my amps in the trunk and i can;t do anythign about that.. i bought MEGA mire so it shoudl be good.. i dunno..

bubba, i have the DEH-P4600MP they have a manual at pioneer.com... i really dont; see anything.. the closest thing is "FIE" but that just cuts high notes out of the back speakers.. nothign for RCA i think..

thanks for the continued help guys! i'm gonna keep trying!

Anonymous

Nathan look on the amp when the power is on and see if the protection light is on.

Nathan Robbins
Unregistered guest
no, the protection light isn;t coming on...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us