Now the beat is dumb

Silver Member
Username: Evildoughboy08

Toledo, OH US and A

Post Number: 155
ok, so since i got my car back the other week, i havent put my beat back in.i just put it in before you know what this morning, and it sounded like shittt.all crappy and stuff. well when i got home, i went to play with it, and as i took everything out and hooked it back up, as i put it back in, it seems like it doesnt matter if my RCAs are in the line in plugs, or the line out plugs(WTF)ANNNND i can't hook both up.when i hook one up it sounds normal, maybe a little quieter than it normally hits at because its only one channel(??), but with two, it wont hit anything. just makes stupid retard baby noises.so i can hook either my white RCA into any of the 4 RCA slots on my amp, OR my blue RCA into any of the 4 slots, without it sounding stupid, but with both, (LIKE NORMAL) its messedd up.any suggestions?oh and it almost sounds like the subs are trying to put out mids instead of lows, but the settings are all normal, and the RCAs in the back of the HU are all in right.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 3 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 6712
Check the crossover setting on the amp.

Also, make sure you don't have a sub wired out a phase.

Silver Member

Toledo, OH US and A

Post Number: 156
what do you mean out of phase?

like + and - backwards?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 3 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 6713
yep.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4262
wtf do you mean by plugging them into line in or out makes no differance? They shoul be in the line in. Line out is if you want to run to another amp.
Thinking about that, they are probly joined inside, thats why it makes an unaltered signal to he next amp. So ya, it probley dont matter..
Nv.

And on the second part..does you HU have 2 sub out rcas? if so then replace those rcas.
If it has one rca out for sub, being a mono signal, then 1 rca is all that will have signal. If you "want " that 2 cable hook up get a Y splitter for them at the HU. Also like cannan said, check the HU settings. and any amp settings.
are you sure you have a sub out rca and are not using a full signal source?

Silver Member

Toledo, OH US and A

Post Number: 158
ok what i did was just took out all 4 12s and re-wired the entire box, even though it was already wired right when i took them out.

i put them back in and hooked everything up as normal.
(RCAs from the HU*only one set* to the amp. RCAs both white to white, red to red on the line in side, and hooked up the subs.

everything is normal again, but i still don't know why it didnt make a difference in me putting the RCAs in my line in or line out.

i know what line out is for, but it obviously wasnt doing that, and i say this because i took out both RCAs and the subs made no noise, then i plugged them into the line out side and the hit.

???
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us