Opinions on setup

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2785
My girlfriend wants a little bass in her car. Right now she has type r 6.5s off of a kx200.2 (my old front stage) ready to put in.

Now we are looking into the rest. She wants to spend no more than a grand. I was looking at a CDA-9887, a SD 2.5 15" and a zx750.1.

Anyone have any other suggestions. Im pretty set on the HU and I can get that for 270 shipped so looking no more than 600 for sub and amp. Ill be building the box and installing everything. Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5477
honestly.. RE SE :-) .. those things wang and sound great.. perfect sub for daily

amp don't really matter as long as it puts out a clean 600rms

heck i'd sell you my nine.1 for $220 shipped leaving you $360 for sub(s) and 1200+rms @ 1 ohm :P .. actually idk if i want to sell it lol but heh

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 8312
Thats a solid setup you picked out there..... you could also go with a Fi SSD, dual 1 or dual 2 would give you more amp options.

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2786
she mainly listes to rap and wants SQL, if that helps any. Im kinda paartial to kicker amps honestly, but not dead set but with subs Im willing to try anything...

And with the HU is anyone knows where I ca get a 9835 for under 350, Id be all over it but I've only foud one and that was 450. I loved mine soooo much.

Thanks guys

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5478
the 9887 is awesome.. i love it.. just takes a while to get used to the settings

if you could hear an SE in person you'd be set

i can't compare to the 2.5 since ive only heard hd3s.. but the ses are great sql.. they really bang for 600rms

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2787
can anyone say if the 2.5 is better or worse than the SE in SQL or if there is something better than either for the price? Looking for a 15".
Like I said Im open on subs and amp to anything, just partial to kicker on the amps (even though Im running RD, haha)

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2788
ttt

Anyone heard both?

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

Laziness and ignorance...

Post Number: 1287
i haven't heard both but another thing you might want to consider is space. Im sure you already know but a box for a sd,25 15" won't be small. ~4cubes ported.
Now with the se you would have the option to go sealed giving you a smaller enclosure.
just something to think about.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 10429
Nah. I think DJ told me 3.30 cubic feet ported is the smallest recommended. I designed a box for one 2.5 15 3.59 gross and about 3.10 cubic feet net after the sub and port and the guy liked how it sounded.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 1016
you could start bidding on this. worth a shot.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alpine-cda-9835-HU-w-kca-420i-ipod-adapter_W0QQitemZ27027212 5653QQihZ017QQcategoryZ39754QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

Laziness and ignorance...

Post Number: 1288
sean i was just being rough. And optimal box size recomended for sd2.5 15" is 4 cubes.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 14143
wow thats alof of bass for ur GF - usually most girls r satisfied with something moderate like a 1 12 type R

1 RE SX 12" is PLENTY maybe too much too of bass for a female ...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1026
I think they were talking about the SE.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 14146
i know - even a 12 or 15 SE would be awesome too ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10431
Andrew if Phil is right and you do decide to go with audioque. A sdc 12 would be a better choice to keep the box size down and shouldnt be that much less output than the 15.

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2793
im working on getting a 12" 2.5 now... And Im watching that 9835 really hard..

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2794
Ok, I ended up deciding to give her my 12" arsenal. no use letting it sit around.

My last question is, is there a better amp than the zx750.1 for that sub, for under or right around 200?

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1200
zx750.1 is a solid amp and underrated as you probably already know. the only way i can think of getting a better amp would be to get something used, and even used i am willing to bet it will be more than 200

Gold Member

Post Number: 1053
jump on this capps.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=346879

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 4241
Those zx750.1's like Abarca said are really solid. I was surprised by the amount of power it provided to a fi ssd 12" in a sealed enclosure.

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Post Number: 1100
i have an Eclipse DA7122 that will do 1000 rms into 2 ohms - its an older amp

ill sell it for $125 shipped if interested

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/for-sale/511551.html

Gold Member

Post Number: 1102
i can even send it to you to let you try it out first

if you wanted to keep it - you could send me the $125 via paypal

if you dont like it - you can send it back

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1987
If you decide against using the AA, look into a Diamond D6. They can be had for cheap off ebay, just gotta wait till they pop up. I had a zx750.1 on mine, and it was probably my favorite setup I've had so far. They work well in about 3.0-3.25cf as well.

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2796
I won the 9835, with iPod cable, off ebay for 265 shipped so Im psyched about that. Only thing left to buy is an amp Im petty set on the kicker just because I've used a lot of kickers and the only problem I had was my fault.

Im going to use the arsenal. No use buying another suub when Im letting the AA sit in my basement and collect dust.

How would you all suggest building a box for a trunk car? Sub/port back, sub up/port back....? Thanks guys.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 4247
sub and port back. port on driver side.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10468
Daniel Im interested in the eclipse amp for 125 shipped if Andrew is not.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1106
sure thing sean

do you want to check it out first like i said capps could do?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10476
Sure. Is there something wrong with it that I should be aware of? If your ok with that and the amp cosmetically is as shown in the pictures and nothing more consider it sold.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10477
Im going to have to change my mind Daniel. I have other things that should take priority. On a side note if the amp was in good working order and in good cosmetic shape as shown I was going to give you more for the amp. I think you should ask more than 125 shipped for it if it is in good shape.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1108
i was originally asking $200 and it is in good shape with exception of a few scratches - i just want it gone so i can fund my new setup

nothing is wrong with it - i was going to let E regulars try it prior to buying because no one here (that i know of) runs these amps and i never read anyone suggesting eclipse amps either

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2797
eh. I guess Ill pick up your eclipse. She doesn't quite have the money but she should have it by Friday. If not, by monday for sure.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1109
its all good

send me your address to:

bonhamd AT mbx.nmc.edu

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2798
You gits email man.

Gold Member