2004 grand am with monsoon system i need help with a line converter

Username: Peteracer

Post Number: 2
i have a 2004 grand am with the monsoom system in it. how do i put in a 4 channel line converter. i ran all new wires and replaced all the speakers. i have a 4 ch. amp in the trunk that wont shut off all so because i dont know where to hook up the remote wire. please help!!!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Vivi2000

Post Number: 55
Hook up the remote wire to your stereo turn on fuse, or another fuse that does not give power when the car is off.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4656
PAC makes an adapter that attaches to the back of the HU and gives you either 2 or 4 channel out capability (dependant on PAC adapter model). Using line converters will not work for the Bose or monsoon, they have controlls within the HU and system amplifier to control output/frequencies, keeps you from blowing your sh!t. Doing the converter you will never have the needed output for your sub(s) trust me I have been that route huge difference when doing it right. Polo.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7855
Advanced factory systems suck azz.... like Polo said simply using a line out converter doesn't work

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4657
BTW the PAC adapter even though kinda pricey, it also gives you a remote turn on for amps and has level controls and amp turn on delay, great unit. I have one I can sell you if I can find it but you will need to pruchase the apropriate manufactures cable to plug into the back of your factory HU, price $80, paid twice that....Polo.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us