2 12 alpine type rs

Username: Truthatenvy

Pittsburgh, Pa United states

Post Number: 1
i got 2 12 alpine type rs 2 ohms with a kenwood 1800 watt amp and im thinking of trying to find another type r and another amp any suggestion on the amp? and is their a big diffrence in sound because my brother has the same subs i do but his is a 4 ohm sub?

Silver Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 565
What car do you have?
Have you upgraded your car's electrical?

Those question are more important if you plan on running the 3rd type R.

You will produce a 1.34ohm load, so basically you would need an amp that does about 2000wrms at 1 ohm, give or take

The Audioque (buy direct) 2200D would be a great choice at $400ish, but with stock electrical you can't possible push that much current.

Username: Truthatenvy

Pittsburgh, Pa United states

Post Number: 3
i have a 2002 volvo s60 t5 with a stock system(which still hits hard)the guy who had my car before me got the upgrade system and had dolbys put in so even with out subs it shakes my car

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5377
i'd keep two type Rs and sell that kenwood.

IMO find a better amp

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 784
maybe a kicker zx1000.1

Bronze Member
Username: Curious

Post Number: 92
Hey fellas i am in the same boat as tony and needless to say my kenwood amp sucks worse than his. what amps do you all suggest? As i should have bought the duel 4ohms but i didnt i have the duel 2ohms also and need a good amp.

My cars electrical system is stock and its in a 2002 dodge stratus running an alpine headunit and 4 gauge wire.

Hey tony i was thinking of this amp
the Bd1000 from rockford fosgate
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8265548&st=rockford+fosgate&lp=9&t ype=product&cp=1&id=1170289779572

I am sure the guys will comment on that amp for us.

If not the bd what about this one.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_12211_Hifonics+BXi+1608D.html

and also I wouldnt be paying 600 dollars for the fosgate.

Hope this helps us both tony.

Justin

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 2090
Just grab a better amp. The Kicker ZX1000 would be best for both you guys.

Kevin

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
better than the Rockford fosgate?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
O man that is a nice amp. but it costs waaaaaay to much. I can get that bd1000 for 280. brand new.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
Hey kevin ok i found that amp for 309 on ebay shipped now do you think its a good amp honestly because i dont want to be buying another amp anytime soon and the amp off ebay is from a store and is brand new.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
Kevin?

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 808
the zx1000.1 and the rockford t1000bd are both great amps

you cannot go wrong with either

you could probably pick up the kicker for a better price though

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
Hey Daniel if it were you and i could get the kicker for 309 dollars as oppose to the 309 that the fosgate would end up costing around the same. but do you think that purchasing the fosgate from a more reputable place as oppose to the kenwood which is online and ebay for that matter?
even if they say on ebay that i will get a 3 year warranty

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
So no one can help?

Bronze Member
Username: Mario_silva

COATZACOALCOS, VERACRUZ MEXICO

Post Number: 24
I do think it is about quality not warranty, i mean quality = perform best and last longer. my personal point of view is that mostly of times we need several opinions about certain stuf to get confidence to it, so maybe you need to take a look on amplifier reviews, that worked for me...

Silver Member
Username: Qslimms

Swanton, Oh Usa

Post Number: 120
i have heard those hifonics are overrated a bit

Silver Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 907
and it depends if your subs are dual 4 ohm and dual 2 ohm. 2 dual 2 ohm subs you would need a 2 ohm load but with 2 dual 4 ohm subs you would need an amp that is 1 ohm stable.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 99
ok guys thanks well i have duel 2 ohms subs so they can only be wired down to 2ohms together. so it is between the kicker and the rockford fosgate.
any thoughts on which one?

Bronze Member
Username: Mario_silva

COATZACOALCOS, VERACRUZ MEXICO

Post Number: 25
how about the Alpine PDX-1.1000 gives you 1000 wrms at 4 and 2 ohm loads, very compact size and it is same brand as your subs... good combo.
check it out http://cgi.ebay.com/ALPINE-PDX-1-1000-2008-MONO-AMPLIFIER-NEW-W-WARRANTY_W0QQite mZ180257339478QQihZ008QQcategoryZ64570QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 908
the pdx is a very good amp, but pretty expensive. and i would say get the kicker.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1746
x2 on the kicker.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1081
as far as the kicker vs. RF amp, there wont be an audible difference between the 2 as far as amps go. the kicker will produce around 1100-1200 and the RF will probably put out 1200-1400.

i say save yourself a few bucks n get the kicker.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
Hey abarca i hear you on getting the kicker for the lower price but dont they sale that alpine at bestbuy?

because if they do i can get it for less than its listed price.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1082
check ebay for the kicker amp, u might be able to get a refurb which is pretty much a brand new amp. you can get that kicker amp cheaper than you would be able to get the alpine.

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
ok i found a referb kicker amp on ebay only thing is the warranty on it is only 90 days i found another one for 309 and it is brand new not a refurb with a 3 year warranty both are from ebay. what would you do?

Now with the kicker i have noticed that some have red strips on the top running horizontally and the others are missing these red strips does that constitute which one is a refurb and which one is not?

Gold Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1748
Got links?

Silver Member

Post Number: 102
yeah here they are.

THis link shows an ebay seller claiming that theres is not refurbished and is new as you can see there are not any red lines.
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-KICKER-08ZX1000-1-AMPLIFIER-CAR-AUDIO-AMP-ZX1000-1_W0QQi temZ120274929483QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120274929483&_trkparms=72%3A134%7C39%3A1 %7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

THis version is of a seller on ebay that is saying that their amp is refurbished to factory specs....look closely and you will see two red lines running parallel with one another along the length of the amp

http://cgi.ebay.com/KICKER-ZX1000-1-CLASS-D-SUBWOOFER-AMPLIFIER-06zx1000-1_W0QQi temZ180257376991QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item180257376991&_trkparms=72%3A134%7C39%3A1 %7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

ok and here is a link to a picture from an internet store supposedly new.
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=19614

notice there are not any lines in their picture...

Now i dont know if this is me being picky but i think that this could be a identifier. second i also looked on ebay and some sellers advertise the amp with red lines as new. but they could be lying and selling refurbs as new.

what are you alls thoughts.

Gold Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1761
The ones with the red stripes are the 06' models, the ones without are the 08' models. Both are great amps. If you buy on ebay, don't buy from HiFiSoundConnection, many people from here have had issues from them (at least I think it was them?)

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7825
No, hifi a good store. Indoaudio is the bad one.

Silver Member

Post Number: 103
ahh ok interesting so if i purchase the 08 model is thier any improvements over the other one?

thanks guys you all have been a great help

Gold Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1765
Good to know M.S.

If there is any difference between the 2 amps it's not major (from what I've heard).

Silver Member

Post Number: 104
ahh ok well we will see I may purchase the refurb and save a fifty bucks we will see.

Bronze Member
Username: Neptune07

Grand Junction/Golden, CO

Post Number: 33
hifonics might be slightly overrated but i'm running a 1206d to my two alpine type r 12s and the sh!t pounds.
i've been running the amp for 2 years averaging atLEAST 45 minutes of play everyday and its held up nice

Silver Member

Post Number: 105
Hey boom3r what ohms are your subs rated at ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us