Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

that was my first run.
last run was a 139 even on a 53hz tone
Box is for sale, if anyone is interested.

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Gibsonguy

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 177
where was this show?

Gold Member
Username: Jnoel

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 1090
nice looking box....and some nice looking setups here... if u made the box i give props on design..i like it..good luck with the sale

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9580
looks like some nice installs at that show....also a 139 db wasnt bad for your van....did you ever burp at 53 hz with the one sub because if I remember correctly you went up alot going with a second sub

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4043
on one sub, i burped a 132.5 at 29 hz.
with tuning and box positioning, and 6 times at the meter, it went like this.
1 playing oxycottin 123.3
2 35hz tone 128.4
3 40hz tone 130
4 53hz tone 138 and box turned
5 50hx tone 139 and box adjusted
6 47-48hz tones 138.7

Yes, the box was my design, but Phil from Woodlawn did the math on it for me and I assembled it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9582
well im not sure how much power you used for two compared to one but that could change things if the subs were under powered but I also know your not looking for all out spl either....like I said a 139 is good in that van with your setup

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4047
I had 900 watts on the single, and 500 apiece on the duals. Thats a good point. I was looking at maybe a 1000/1 for them, But I think i'll step up to about 1500 watts for them.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9583
well if the specs I just looked up are correct they are rated for 500 rms each so you were fine there....id hate to see you over power these and damage them....heck just burping them for spl could take a toll thats why I really dont want to use my image dynamics idq 12 for spl burps even if it is in a daily box....I might use it for bass race where I wont have to push it too much

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4048
well, im going to try a new box first, then go from there.
Thanks.

And the show was at Sound FX in east Providence. There is another one there 8-16-08. Also, theres one at bumper boys in Brockton MA on the 28th of june. and Penacook NH on june 29th.

Silver Member
Username: Gibsonguy

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 180
i was just in providence this past monday-wednesday.

wish i had known about it.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17085
Good show Marc!

I'm not quite getting the 6X9's in that one rides' box though. Or the red fur with laptop lol.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4049
that 6x9 trunk had like 11 selunium horns in it. and 4 lighting audio 6x9's.
It was very loud, but in a bad way.. and that red shag car was a porche, like a 911 or carreara or something. I seen it a while ago being built, and it looked like it was gonna be nice. Why he went with red shag? and with those 2 15's, and 4 10's he only hit a 138 or so.

So today I was in the process of putting my van back to normal, and i notice a terminal screw sitting on the floor under the amp. Well it looks like the Pos wire was just sitting against the terminal, thus the amp was shutting off when hitting hard. May have been due to the vibrations of it jumping when it hit.
Damm, i wish i would have seen that yesterday. I couldnt figure out why the box amp wasnt putting out. Voltage was good, I put it down to box being to small.

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2499
team renots .. he changed out the woofers in his integra ... worddd that thing was so loud

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4051
yes, those were the first 2 pics. And the cutlass won with a 160 somthing

Gold Member
Username: Mike11202

RE MT 15 VFL 200.1 , Sewell, NJ US

Post Number: 1798
I had 2,000 watts on my 13w6v2 but kept sub level at -6

No problems at all

Bronze Member
Username: 4realadeala

Tampa, Florida

Post Number: 53
Well I feel ripped off, I drew an idea for a box on paper and posted it on here about three months ago. Someone told me it looked like a mad transformer. Now here you go building the thing and claiming the idea. That idea was patented and I demand the box or I will have to see you in court.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 3915

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4055
ahh, hey john jay, That design is called a pacman, or clamshell design. And if you came up with it, you have a lot of ppl to sue. So, did you build yours? how bout some drawings of yours for comparison.
or rofl works too.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 3916
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/477127.html

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4057
Well, They are similar, but not the same.
Thats my sketch Phil from Woodlawn used to design from. Also, the middle port devider was an after install, due to build error. Also on AIM, Ive had many discussions with ppl on box designs, such as clam shell, t-line, ABC, Golden ratio.

Mine,

Upload

Yours.

Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.1DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 13922
nice pix ! ....

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4114
Slap Show sounds like a sausage fest.

Bronze Member
Username: 4realadeala

Tampa, Florida

Post Number: 54
Hey I was just giving you a hard time. My question is, do you like the way it sounds?

In my original post my question was if anybody had heard of this idea, and heard an actual build. I hope that there is no hard feelings, I just forget sometimes to use internet acro's ie... lol.

What is it tuned too?

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4062
its cool. Ive havent really listenened to it. I got it installed Friday night,
drove to the show Saturday, Turned it on low for a bout 2 minutes to set up for meter, then bumped it like 6 times on the meter. Drove home with it off, and its been parked since, due to being sick for the last week. Even at the show, I was feeling ill, I had to man up with perks to even go. I hope to do some tuning and tweaking on it this weekend, if Im up to it. Pnmonia, ear and sinus infection FTL.

And ive gotten some ppl saying it will cause cancallation, and a regular box is the way to go. But these were from SPL ppl. So as far as SQ goes.. idk, havent had the time to mess with it.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4456
hey marc show in august im there lol june and july just arent good months but def august maybe ill have a new sub by then if someone decides to sell something for a good price

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4088
ya, try to make a show or 2. its a good time.
got a lead on a 13 w6 if your interested. decent price too. $250 shipped.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4633
Nice box, was working on one like that for twin 5200's that is how I wound up with two! BTW mine was to have a single square 10" port in the dead center of the box top. The two subs would have been facing forward, sealed from the trunk and the port would have been throught the back deck lid. Polo..

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4459
ya marc im all set right now im goin on vaca right now so im saving up for that but when i come back ill b looking for something new

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SOCAL2 RE 15 XXX

Post Number: 2243
March i like the colors on your box. You did a good job on it.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1071
who's march? did you mean marc? lol jp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us