CV Stroker Setup-up

Username: Lionhart

Post Number: 1
Hello good people of this forum. I've been doing a little research from here so I figured y not get one of my questions answered. Ok, so I am pretty set with getting 2 CV Strokers for my car. I was Thinking 12's but maybe I might go with 10's . I would be listening to mostly rock music. I can't stand rap but maybe I'll get some cd's and the bass would cover up the words :P Anyway I know that strokers are kind of Overkill for rock music but that really doesn't bother me at all. The main reason I am set on Strokers is because I know they are awesome subs and If I want the power it's there and I won't have to worry about blowing the sub, and for aesthetic reasons. The question remains with me though what amp to go with. I originally was going to go with a PG RSD1200.1 http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=17535

But then I found another for about the same price A diesel audio NSH-1.3500 http://www.amazon.com/3500W-Diesel-Audio-NSH-1-3500-Block/dp/B0014JHYM8

The only thing with this amp is I can't find many reviews regarding it. I would appreciate anyone's input with these two amps with the sub's and feel free to give recommendations, the budget for the amp would be around $400 about $350 preferably I would also be wanting to add more amps down the road, just don't recommend different subs because I won't listen :P Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Pbplayer05

Carroll, Iowa

Post Number: 679
i got an md2d forsale does 1800+ watts also have a pair of si bm's forsale amazing subs

Silver Member

Carroll, Iowa

Post Number: 680
but the bm's would also be perfect for that pg rsd 1200 also which in my opinion is better than that diesel

Post Number: 2
So I've been looking around and I am highly considering powering these two with 1 Hifonics BXi 2008D this is a 2000w RMS@ 1 ohm, 1300 rms@ 2 ohm. Possibly adding another 1 down the road. Now the question is will I definalty NEEED an HO alternator for just one amp running these 2? if so what amperage should I get. Also remember though I am basically wanting to run these subs at all most bare minimum for the moment till I get enough money down the road to add another amp ect. I'm sorry i'm not more highly versed in this department but I am really stating to get into this, lol

Silver Member

Carroll, Iowa

Post Number: 686
well considering that will probably do about 160 watts rms actually yah u will if you run it at full tilt unless ur alt is bigger already

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 2054
Well to power the strokers anywhere near what they want or need, you are going to spend anywhere from $1000-$1500 on electrical alone. Help us to help you. What kind of car do you have? How loud do you really want to be? What is the loudest setup you have heard? You may not need strokers, may be happy with a smaller setup.

Also, I am curious on how much those strokers are going to cost ya.

kevin

Post Number: 3
Well to start I have a '98 Mustang, every thing that I am assuming is stock. I have a heard maybe a 1000w system before, give or take 100w. I can't remember the brand names or anything but It sounded sweet, lol Thats about how much I want to dish out. The reason y I am almost hellbent on the strokers is 1. kinda cool bragging rights, because they are really nice subs, and 2. I don't want to have to pay what I am paying on subs again if I blow them. I am getting 2 12" strokers for $400 brand new in box. My uncle is kinda helping me along with this and he's been telling me that with that Hifonics amp I can wire the subs up to 4 ohm and back down to 2 ohm because i am wiring two subs in a mono block amp. I know I probebly taking what he is explaining out of context but what he is explaining makes sense to me. I'm probebly not going to be doing any competition but it would be nice to have that power there if I wanted it. But keep in mind I am wanting the bare min I can run these at for the moment and make upgrades and so forth to bring out the true potential down the road.

Bronze Member
Username: Bryanwalsh524

Post Number: 55
i have a CV Stroker 102. I run a Massive Audio P1500.1 and i seem to like it. 1500watt rms and 3000watt max. On ebay they go for about $350. but If your running two CV strokers maybe you should get a Massive Audio P3000.1 Somebody recomended this amp to me so i bought it, dunno if its an upper quality amp or what
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us