PDX-5

Username: Jhoeltje

Post Number: 1
hey guys i'm currently extremely new to the car audio scene and i have a setup i just completed with the PDX-5 5 channel amp 4x75RMS and the 1x300RMS sub channel

(actually rated at like 106 watts x4 RMS and 390+watts rms on the sub channel)

powering 2 sets of Infinity Kappa 60.9cs components and 1 10" type R 2omh sub

the problem im having is my sub is distorting and rattling at high volumes if i put the subwoofer level up on my deck which is the Alpine CDA-9886. and it doesnt seem like its producing enough sound the sub is rated 500W RMS and 1500W peak.... any ideas?

i dont know anything about gains or anything. i had a local shop set it up for me, they told me they put the "subwoofer all the way up" on the amp.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7690
" they told me they put the "subwoofer all the way up" on the amp. "

Haha not sure what they mean but it can't be good..... go look where the amps settings are, bass boost should be all the way DOWN and gain should be somewhere in the middle although they probaly didn't even set that right.

Username: Jhoeltje

Post Number: 2
i dont know what bass boost is i see LP Filter and SW Gain for the subwoofer channel the LP Freq is set all the way up to 200hz and gain was set all the way up max, if i turn the gain down the sub emits little bass response... maybe i should have went for the 12"?

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1059
LP filter should be set around 80Hz.
Gain should be around the middle.

does your 9886 have a subwoofer control on it? check and see if its turned down or something
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us