New to E...

Username: Cd5honda96

OR United States

Post Number: 3
OK to make a long story kinda short. my brother n law gave me money to get him an amp and now he cant use it but told me I can. so I am looking for sum opinions on subs and if they should be dvc/svc and what ohm's. I have been looking at some subs online and really like the kicker L7 15" and the kicker cvr 12"'s. and are clarion subs any good? the amp's specs are supposed to be. 1 ohm stable (stereo)! It will produce 150 x 2 @ 4 ohms, 300 x 2 @ 2 ohms, and 550 x 2 @ 1 ohm stereo, and over 1000 x 1 @ 2 ohms. Spec. sheet indicates amp draw of over 87 amps into 1 ohm @ only 12 volts.(sorry this is so long)

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 2040
What brand and model amp is that?

Kevin

OR United States

Post Number: 4
it says it's ppi/orion custom from back in 94 and never been used I took it and had it benched the other day it was fine. I would post the ebay link but I'm not sure how to make the link function

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7677
Don't get an L7, terrible SQ

Bronze Member
Username: Mario_silva

COATZACOALCOS, VERACRUZ MEXICO

Post Number: 15
I found this info at E-Bay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/PPI-Orion-2-channel-amplifier-OId-School_W0QQitemZ1502570826 70QQihZ005QQcategoryZ39732QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Old School PPI/Orion 2 channel Power amplifier. Same color Scheme as the Orion NT amplifiers. Measures approx. 14 inches long and 8 wide.
These amps look really neat either in the sun or in low light, they just shine. The color is Metallic black and Purple, they look like Marble. Very very shiny. You have to see it in person to appreciate the colors.
Don't snooze on this amp, you will never see another one like this, the quality of build is phenomenal!!!!!!! Built like tanks...Bulletproof. These amps were custom made in 1994.
These amps are 1 ohm stable (stereo)! At 12 volts it will produce 150 x 2 @ 4 ohms, 300 x 2 @ 2 ohms, and 550 x 2 @ 1 ohm stereo, and 1100 x 1 @ 2 ohms. Since the power supply is unregulated you can expect a fair amount more at the higher voltages found in a running auto. It also has built in crossovers; Low pass, Full pass, and High pass switch.
THESE AMPS WERE HAND-CRAFTED IN THE GOOD OL' USA!!!

OR United States

Post Number: 7
yeah thats the one. The guy saide he had 3 of them,1 used and 2 new that are new/never been used.

Bronze Member

OR United States

Post Number: 11
bump

Bronze Member

OR United States

Post Number: 13
come on guys I need some opinions on this

Bronze Member
Username: Evildoughboy08

Toledo, OH US and A

Post Number: 35
well i personally like L7s, but if you push them at what they're supposed to go at,you'll blow them. I like L5s better for some reason. If you're looking to spend that much for 2 15" L7s, why not go for a W6 or W7? JL audio has some wicked stuff.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
yea go for a JL W7 or a MTX Thunder 9500 svc

Bronze Member

OR United States

Post Number: 20
what about re audio's se15 or their sx12 any good?

Silver Member
Username: Pbplayer05

Carroll, Iowa

Post Number: 667
i got my subs and ampforsale in the subwoofer section take a look

Bronze Member

Toledo, OH US and A

Post Number: 38
re audio IS a really good brand and all,
but i only know this from word of mouth, i've never owned any and have never heard them, or maybe i have idk. but yeah i cant believe i forgot about MTX9500! go look at those. they're pretty nice. Mario Silva what do you have?

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7689
haha mtx and L7s are a joke compared to an RE SX, XXX, or MT

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
I do own a MTX Thunder 9500 12" dvc in a ported box @ 39 hz. feeded by an US Amps MD3D and it sounds very good, actually it is comparable with the quality of a JL W7...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
sure M.S. i do like RE Audio, i just dont preffer the brand because i havent herd how it sound yet, but i love the look of the XXX 12" 2000 wrms, i was thinking to get one of those for my 1973 bug ha, ha, ha it would be great for me...

Silver Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 856
you gotta lose that cap in your set-up man. but other than that it looks pretty decent.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7696
Well you've got a nice amp at least. MD3D

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Thankyou, as i said my goal is to get a XXX 12" and see what it can do... I will keep saving money for it.

Silver Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 861
im gettin a 15" XXX pretty soon. cant wait for mine.

Bronze Member

Toledo, OH US and A

Post Number: 45
those trickens are expensive as F--UDGE

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Very nice... I hope you got it as soon as posible, good look bud.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
cory... check this out:http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-RE-AUDIO-SX12D4-12-2000w-COMPETITION-CAR-SUBWOOFER_W0QQi temZ350067720047QQihZ022QQcategoryZ18803QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262

Bronze Member

OR United States

Post Number: 23
thank you guy's very much for the info I'm still looking so if any one has something else to add plz do. MARIO that is the sub I saw on eBay and why I asked about (RE) thank you for posting the link I'm not sure how to post the link so it will function. but do you think I could run a single 12 RE without upgrading all my electric? Again thank you guy's for taking the time to answer this.

Bronze Member

OR United States

Post Number: 32
OK guy's this is it I have narrowed my choices down to a single RE audio se 15 or two kicker cvr 12's what do you guy's think? the subs would be pushed by the amp mentioned above.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
go for RE Audio, and about upgrades i just changed the wire size on chasis ground to a 1/0 gauge and i did run a new 4 gauge wire from my alternator to the batery and i got a 800 cca batery that is it ( my car is a 1973 bug with a 55 amps alternator) this worked good for me, my single thunder 9500 1000wrms sounds louder than 2 regular 12"

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 471
Sony subs make a thud noise and that's about it...
Power Acouctik is not much better. Save yourself time and money and listen to the non-noobs on this thread and get decent equyipment. Power, Install, and enclosure will be a major factor in overall performance of your system. good luck.

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 472
^^^^opps... wrong thread/tab... sorry
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us