I think I became a victom...

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1430
of the Pioneer Preimer RCA problem. I haven't fully diagnosed the problem yet, but I think that's the problem.

This all happened after I blew my sub awhile back. I unhooked everything after that and waited for the sub to get fixed. I went to hook it back up recently and I get very little sound from the sub(s). Only at max volume on the HU do I hear anything from the sub, and even then I could only faintly hear voice, no bass at all. I tried several different subs and got the same results.

Anyone else think it's the HU, or could it be something else? HU is the Premier 780mp. I don't have another HU I can try at the moment to make sure, that's why I'm asking.

Silver Member
Username: Gibsonguy

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 108
did you try using a different source? I usually hook my mp3 player up to my subwoofer amp and if that fixes the problem then you know there is something wrong with your rca outputs on your hu. if the problem persists then it may not be the hu.

thats just how i check.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7612
I do the same thing, cnnect an mp3 player to the amp and see if it works.

Since its a pioneer my bet would be on the HU.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4592
MP3 ain't gonna tell you anything other than it isn't the amp. RCA thing is an easy fix. Polo.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4593
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/488358.html

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 6419
Make sure you have the RCA's in the right outputs on the HU. Check the crossover on the amp and make sure its at 60-120hz Low Pass.

Also, try the sub RCA's in the 'Rear' output jacks. Set the HU's crossover to 'pass' (if it has a crossover setting).
If that plays...you may have killed your sub outputs on the HU.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 3595
what kind of preout voltage does an mp3 player put out though. wouldn't you have to change your gains and all that jazz?

the cisco kid

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7616
No, it will play. Probably not loud but it will play fine for testing.

" MP3 ain't gonna tell you anything other than it isn't the amp. "

No sh!t, thats the purpose of the test haha. To tell if it's the amp, or HU / RCA cables.

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 2017
Yea, I don't deal with Pioneer period anymore. Too many issues. Eclipse FTW!

Kevin

Bronze Member
Username: 4realadeala

Tampa, Florida

Post Number: 45
My Pioneer DEH- 6400 had one side of the rear rca go out. On my monoblock I could not tell (I just thought I had a crap amp). So when I bought a two channel amp only one speaker would play. So I traded sides and then the other played. I am not sure what gave me the idea but I moved the preouts from the rear out to the front out, problem was solved. I have owned this hu since early 2001.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8183
This has been an issue with Pioneer HUs for years now. It's pretty sad IMO, I always steer people into other brands for head units because of it.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9410
"This has been an issue with Pioneer HUs for years now. It's pretty sad IMO, I always steer people into other brands for head units because of it."

I skipped buying a pioneer headunit because of it

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4595
"This has been an issue with Pioneer HUs for years now. It's pretty sad IMO, I always steer people into other brands for head units because of it"

It isn't pioneers fault! You should always make sure everything is correctly grounded amp, HU, etc including the HU chassis needs to be grounded which nobody does. They have a micro fuse inside the HU that blows if you do not do the following and this is to protect the preamp or the rest could go, not seen by other cheaper brands ^^^^. By the way hotswapping RCAs will do it to also not Pioneers fault lOl. I showed you twots how to fix it in the above link either learn, evolve or get the fck out of the hobby damn crybabies hahahhahha...

BTW- You can also send it to me to fix..

Polo.

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Dynamik

Post Number: 102
Hey, if it is the Pioneer, would you be willing to sell me the RCA Harness??? PWEEEEEASE??? lol

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4599
"I think my HU became a victom..."

What the subject should read ^
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us