Engine noise after nearly 2 yrs...

Silver Member
Username: Moey_g

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 242
This is very weird.

First of all i have 2 amps, one 2 channel for speakers, and a mono for the sub.

I bought a new mono and i plugged it in and started playing it to see how it sounds. I drove 200m down the street and then i got massive engine noise from the speakers. I did not touch this amp and it has been working 100% for the past two years!?!?

Funny thing is that all i did was unplug my other mono and plugged in the new one without doing anything to the speaker amp. Both amps have their own runs of power and ground cables. Things in common are the remote wire (which it has to be as far as i know) and the RCAs which are split at the head unit (HU only one preout). I unplugged the mono now, so its the speaker amp running on its own and still engine noise...

It happened last night so il go through and check where the noise is coming from when i get a chance.

Im just asking to see if anyone has any idea as to why and how this happened. Any ideas?

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4556
Which HU? Bet you unplugged that amp while it was on, right? Polo.

Silver Member

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 243
Actually now that you bring that up... I didnt disconnect the battery. When i put in the power wire i got a little spark. But how does this affect the other amp?
Also, it worked for a few minutes and it came from nowhere, if the spark did something, wouldnt the noise have come in straight away?

Silver Member

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 244
Oh and its an older pioneer HU. Its a pioneer DEH-3750. Ive had it for over two years.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.1DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 13818
^well that could be ur problem right there - plugging in\out rcas with power on ...possibly damaged something on the hu's circuit board - if u own a pioneer HU they are proned to that ...

Silver Member

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 245
Can they be fixed or is it time for a new HU?

Bronze Member
Username: Bass_enjoyer

Post Number: 35
Try this (RCA grounding). Thanks to whoever first uploaded this picture a while back.

Upload

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4557
DeLaGhetto ^

Polo..

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2611
if it works...

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4558
Micro fuse right next to RCA junction, notice the white highlight and little plume of blackness on the board.
Upload
Upload

Gently heat and remove with soldering iron.
Upload

Tin a single strand of wire and solder in its place of the fuse.
Upload

If this is above and beyond some of you people you can send it to me (for a fee) and I can do it for you, fast and ship it back out via any means you are willing to pay. I'll even test it. Polo..

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 20915
an easy way is to use a Y adaptor. a female input to 2 male output Y adaptor. just splice of the outputs and ground it to the hu.

Silver Member

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 246
Thanks Jonathan. Did it that way and it works well. There is a little bit of interference but its barely noticeable. Thanks for all your help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us