Something that gets low and loud

Silver Member
Username: Charlesbhs

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 584
ok well i had been thinking of a RE XXX 04/05 in a 3.4 cubic ft box tuned to 34 but now i have started thinking about switching to two twelves because i dont think im gonna get as loud as i want with just the single 15". i started looking at the new 12" SI Mag but will i still be getting some good low end? and any suggestions on how many cuft tuned to what? i have a max of 4.25 cuft. and any other sub suggestions would be appreciated. wanna spend around 450-550.... and around 1500-2000rms. thanks yo

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2444
buy my alpha

around 350 shipped or so

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6149
www.stereointegrity.com

go to the si forum for info on the new mag. and they aren't out yet if you wanted to buy them now.

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 975
FI BTL or the BL

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Or

Post Number: 3669
Fi Q's

Bronze Member
Username: Dynamik

Post Number: 74
Why not find last year models of the Mag... I just found one for $210 shipped... I've seen a few of them over at CA for sale! Mine will be here Tuesday!!! YAY

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 585
yea but i like the new look of the subs. might try to have them inverrted actually

Bronze Member
Username: Jayhunter

New Haven, IN USA

Post Number: 12
I work with a dude who has Audiopipes. You can always here him coming and they sound like they get down there. Are they good or not?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.1DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 13813
have work the 15" blue cone model audiopipes 1000wrms sound ok but not very accurate in SQ dept - quite loud though , hit 145dbs

cant see how ur unsatisfied with a 1 15 XXX though ...diference between 2 12s & 1 15 is not that much IMO ...

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 586
yea i might stick with trying to buy the XXX 15". the 12" rl-s i had befre i decided i wanted to go bigger had amzing SQ so i dont know if i'd like audiopipe...... do have a dealer around the block though

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1970
For the budget you have, the RD Alpha single spyder version would do it very easy for ya.

Kevin
lowhz01@yahoo.com

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 587
hey kevin i tried too find the low hertz website the other day and i couldn't? did you shut it down? and if not can you send me the link? and are you talking about 12's? or 15?

Gold Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1974
A single 15 would do it :-)
www.low-hz.com

Just hit me with an email for help bro. Site is getting a makeover here VERY soon.

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3628
Fi Q

Bronze Member
Username: Gibsonguy

Post Number: 13
i thought i read on another forum the fi q's had trouble getting low. it was on caraudioforum i believe.

does anyone know if audioque subs hit the lows well?

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 3686
"i thought i read on another forum the fi q's had trouble getting low. it was on caraudioforum i believe."

LOLOLOLOLOL. The only time I heard that was when one of the old reps for low-hz was trying to talk a bunch of sh!t. He was actually not allowed to post for low-hz anymore because of it. I believe the enclosure they used was not optimal for the Q. BELIEVE me they have no problem hitting the lows with authority!

Heres the thread on here where all of that was covered.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/266518.html

Heres my Q's on Youtube. Got Lows?
http://youtube.com/user/Naledge503

Bronze Member
Username: Gibsonguy

Post Number: 14
hehehe....you should go talk with the guys over at caraudioforum about it. they are giving people the wrong impression.

but anyways, do you happen to know if the audioque subs are capable of hitting the lows well?

Gold Member

Portland, Or

Post Number: 3687
Well, they are made for spl and higher tuning. But my old sd2.5's were tuned to 32hz and hit low nicely. There is also a guy over on CA.com with a pair of HDC15's tuned to 28Hz or 30hz. He has a video of them and they seemed to play low very well.

Gold Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1980
Yea, the Fi Q will get low. Actually IMO, the only sub in the Fi line that sounds good and gets very low :-)

As fr the AQ's, the old ones were nice, the new ones, well, nothing special.

Kevin
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us