FI Car Audio -- -- - -- -- - --

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 5577
they updated the website with Pics of the Drivers and all the T/S Parameters filled in.:-)

https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=1544d53d505db14/shopdata/index.shopscript

if that one doesn't work...try www.ficaraudio.com

FI X 12"
Upload

FI SSD 12"
Upload

FI Q 12"
Upload

FI BTL 12"
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 440
WOW

Gold Member

Post Number: 5579
Upload...........Upload

Silver Member
Username: Atllefty12

FL.

Post Number: 357
I'm really thinking about picking up a pair of those. Def along the line of the BTL's or the Q series. They look intimidating, but looks can be decieving.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3235
I just plotted the Q15 d2 and d1 against an SX15 in winISD. Very interesting results.

Much lower impedence spikes w/ the Q.

Silver Member

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 441
im looking at the q12 to get. Anyone want to buy a 12" SX :D

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2319
so that the compnay the ex owner of re created correct

Silver Member

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 442
Yep, he sold is half and started over.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5580
Scott is his name.

they will only be sellig direct...so no RE price gouging.:-) lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 5584
guy on ROE talked to the owner of FI and he said the BTL with all the bells and whistled would take a Hifonics Colossus Daily -- 3200wRMS!!!

not bad if ya ask me...just a reference guys^^

Silver Member
Username: Splmonster

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 400
im really thinkin bout that btl looks sexy hahahaha

Silver Member
Username: Kenwa

Post Number: 255
damn it muddy, i just bought an RE SX15 and now i want one of these. How do you think the Q series would compare?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5597
i have heard that the Q series is louder than the SX with more SQ...not sure though...just hear say.

Silver Member
Username: Kenwa

Post Number: 257
Who wants to buy an SX15 when it gets here? lol not really but i wish i had saw this post or even heard of FI before now.

Bronze Member
Username: Bernymac

Rialto, CA United States

Post Number: 92
is this a new subwoofer companying coming out? How would this do against a HD3 or DD9500 just wondering =).

Gold Member

Post Number: 5601
i imagine the BTL would be up there with the HD and 9500 if you got the one with all the bells and whistles....chamfere pole piece...third magnet...high xmax coils...etc...

i would imaging it is pretty loud w/o those uprades though seeing as though it is rated at 2000wRMS.:-)

Silver Member
Username: Night_mirage

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 417
they looks Nice MUDDY ..

But I love DD's .. OVER EVERYTHING else .

Silver Member
Username: Steve_collins

Post Number: 174
would one 15 fl q be more loud than 2 12 type r. both with 1200 rms

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 3389
how much do those cost??

Gold Member

Post Number: 5606
the prices are on the website right next to each individual sub....lol

i am not sure about the loudness factors....i don't have any experience with them and until we can get some people using them, you can only 1. guess......or 2. call the owner!:-)

Silver Member
Username: Steve_collins

Post Number: 175
well i was going to get a rlp but i think ill try one of these they sound great.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5607
i almost forgot to say this....i think the FI Q most resembles a Stereo Integrity Mag...for hald the price!!!

it looks very much like one...and the Dual 2 ohm Vc t/s parameters are very close to one another.:-)

although some may argue one is superior to another...they do look similar imo.

Silver Member

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 402
reck told me he heard a btl at a comp and it did 140 something BASSRACE, but yea ive heard q=sx and btl=mt, but the fi version getting a lil louder and better sq

Gold Member

Post Number: 5621
bump.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5623
oh dang....i didnt see what you wrote GP....cool. i am glad to see that i wasn't the only one under the impression the Q was an beefier SX with better SQ.:-)

Silver Member

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 403
yea lol this forum is kinda screwey like that hahaha, what do u think about the btl? worth the money or somethign better out there...

Silver Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 946
those things look beasty...lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 5639
i would say other than the Audioque HD....the BTL is probably thenext in line....lol

although the BTL costs a bit more with all the bells and whistles than does the HD....it will also handle more power.

AQ rec's 2-3kw daily for the AQ.
Scott said in an email to another guy on another forum that the fully loaded BTL could handle a Hifonics Colossus easily daily -- 3200wRMS:-)

so i am sure they are up there in performance with the 9500's/Juggernauts as far as loudness goes.

durability and SQ...only time will tell man...but if this company is anything like RE used to be...i dont think SQ and solid products is going to be a problem.

if i had some extra cash i would purchase a 12" Q in a heartbeat.:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 5640
people can be skeptical...but a sub is a sub...and considering the source(ex-half-owner of RE that quit b/c he though RE was going in a diff. direction than he wanted to go) i see a good future with these products.

i sound like a salesman...too bad i don't have any money to buy one myself!!:-(

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

Ny

Post Number: 319
That Q18 is just begging for me to buy it...

Gold Member

Post Number: 5641
please do....then give us a detailed Review:-O:-O:-O

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1594
and to add another thing, they seem that their going to have great customer service. i just emailed them about the q12, and i received a response back from scott just a little while ago, at 1a.m., not more than 1/2 hour after emailing them! i'm definately leaning towards trying a pair of q12's!

Gold Member

Post Number: 5644
what did you ask him??? if you don't mind me asking?

ask him if you will how it compares to the old XXX and SX, see what he says...he has to know...he designed the damn things. lol

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1595
Mike,

Thanks for the inquiry.
While it is not a normal coil we stock, I do have a few on hand to make a D4 Q. What is the final Ohm load that you would need for your amp(s)? We ended up choosing the D1 coil instead of the D4 as you can still get a single 2 Ohm load out of either sub, or a 1 Ohm load out of a pair, but the D1 allows for even lower impedence choices for some of the even tougher Class D amps out there.
We recommend 750-1200W depending on the exact application. You can use less, but you probably wont see the full potential of the subs.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else.
Thanks,
Scott
Fi Car Audio

just asked if d4 vc is available, and recommended power for the q12. i also replied asking if he would come to ecoustics to shed some more info on his products, and maybe a forum buy for us:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 5645
i sent him essentially a friggin questionairre about the Q and SSD...lol

hopefully he answers it fully and detailed...so i can relay the info to everyone else.:-):-):-)

Username: Fi_car_audio

Hades, NV

Post Number: 1
Just got the email from ctmike and decided to check out the forum before replying.
While I will preface this by saying that I might not be able to spend as much time on this forum as I should, anyone can contact me directly at scott@ficaraudio.com if you have any specific questions. (I am getting spread thinner and thinner as Fi reaches more and more forums ;) )

Ill check back to this thread in a little bit and see if there is anything specific I might be able to answer.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5647
SCOTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the forum man.!
Glad to see you here.:-)

I just sent you an email like 10 mins ago that is roughly 5 mins long...lol

I am really glad to see you putting yourself out there and connecting with the people it matters to most.

You have no idea how much it means to people to see your products and then have the owner come to their forum, and talk about them as well.

I am really excited right now, i need to go to bed.:-(

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

IA US

Post Number: 1273
muddy..no aim anymore??. my plexi didnt work as expected. im replacing it tomorrrow, cause it rattles and flexes like a bi*tch.

welcome to the forum scott.

Hades, NV

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the welcome.
Muddy...You should have an email in your box.

Ill check back tomorrow to see if I can answer anything specific.

Thanks,
Scott

Gold Member

Post Number: 5649
thanks scott.:-)

Silver Member

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 404
sweet, nice to hear from you scott. glad you came out to the forums. i planned on emailing ya, but sinve your on here i might as well ask you so everyone else knows so ur not getting millions of ?'s hahahaha. what kind of enclosure do u rec for the btl? im guessing something like an mt box, because thats what its mostly been compared to. im really excited about hopefully buying one lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5652
HEre is the response i got from Scott regarding the email i sent him, i figuree everyone would find this information very useful:-)

quote:

Thanks for the inquiry.
How Fi stacks up to my previous companies offerings? Well that is somewhat
of a tough question. I designed all the products for RE and like each one
of them for their specific application. Fi is the same way, although not
all subs have a certain amount of direct comparisson to them.

SQ of the Q is more on par with the XXX than it is to the SX. I never
designed the SX to have tons of SQ, but more of a SQL/SPL sub that simply
took lots of abuse for daily applications or light SPL competitions.
Q works well with 750-1200W depending on the exact enclosure and application
for daily. Q works well in both ported and sealed, although for straight SQ
applications sealed really is the only option. The group delay and natural
response of sealed simply eclipse that of ported enclosures. Not too
mention sealed matches up much better to the cars natural transfer function
making things relatively flat far beyond what ported can do (with normal
ported tunings). The Q definitely can keep up with the current crop of
"SQL" drivers out there. No issue there.

The SSD works well with 600-1000W.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

If i can get some money together by Christmas or after the new year...i plan on buying the Q....looks very promising for the price:-):-):-)

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2329
wow scott welcome to the forum i know im glad to see you here with the people i was thinking of saving up some money selling ym dd and going for sq lol louds gets annoying after a while

Gold Member

Post Number: 5678
word^^^^^

Silver Member
Username: Atllefty12

FL.

Post Number: 360
I think I'm buying (1) FI Q 15" or 2 FI SSD 12"s

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2332
ya but muddy uve never had loud just ur litle 2510 jk with ya man

Silver Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 967
that is customer service and support right there when the owner comes to a forum to talk with everyone

Gold Member

Post Number: 5682
Scott, what are your thoughts on this review and what do you have to say about the Q in terms of performance.

i am not trying to start an arguement in any way, that is kiddy sh1t, but i like to get more than 3983029482309 opinions on everything if you know what i mean. lol

quote:

Well I know the guys at Low-Hz had a few of them tested out by various people. And there were a few problems that they had with them.

The biggest problem was, the FI Q's were not hitting the lows as hard as they should have been. If you have heard a mag 15 before, you know that between 27-50hz, the sub is just a complete monster. The problems with the FI q's, is that in the 27-33Hz range, they were just not hitting that hard.

Originally, Scott said to inrease the port diameter to fix this problem.

Now to give you numbers this is how everything was tested.

The SI mag 15 was in the same box as the FI Q. The box was 4 cubic feet, tuned to 28 Hz. Now SI reccommends about 25 cubic inches of port are for the mag 15. The FI we didn't have a number on, so we just ended up making it 50 cubic inches, figuring that would be more than enough for any sub.

Anyways, of course that was way more than the mag needed, but that was fine, since it still pounded the lows really well. The FI Q on the other hand was having plenty of problems in the lower frequencies. So we talked with Scott at FI and he said well up the port volume. He said try going with 75 SQUARE INCHES!!!

Not sure how much you know about box building, but a 4 cubic foot box, tuned to 28 Hz, with 75 square inch port, requires one LONG A** port.

Anyways, they started building the new box, even though a sub that required a box like that seemed very impractical. Tested it out with that port area, and still no change in the low end from the FI Q.

Overall, it sounded like the FI Q was a decent driver. SQ was good, and output was pretty good as well. As far as low end extension, the mag was the winner, and as far as output the mag was louder as well. They measured both subs with a termlab, and they were around 143, and 147 db's with around 1000rms going to each.

So in overall SQL, the mag is much better than the FI Q, but if you don't care much for the lower bass frequencies, and just want a solid sub between 35-60hz, than the FI Q would be fine.

here are my thoughts....for a sub that costs half as much as the Mag, i am not seeing a big difference in performance other than the bottom octave output......hmmmm all i do is think...lol

Silver Member

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 413
cmon forget the Q i need a BTL review!!! hahahaha jp, looking forward to what everyone thinks

Silver Member

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 450
Scott what kind of space would you use for 2 12" Q. I was thinking 5 cubes with 97.5 Square Inches of port area. How would this work out. Each sub would be receiving around 1300 watts RMS.

Hades, NV

Post Number: 3
Ill be back on a little later... swamped today with emails.
But for those that are interested in the BTLs... check out this link (and some of the others off of it). http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=181705

Thanks,
Scott

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2342
i dont know why but having scott on this forum almost makes me feel important

Silver Member

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 417
lol, i was gonna say, its kinda rare to see muddy get excited about talking to someone lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 5706
lol. be nice^^^^

i have been reading some threads on Caraudio.com forum and i must say...i have changed my perspective of the Q since reading Showrides review....it seems he is a little more biased than i thought.

People over there are claiming that it has great low-end...and that the BTL's are very VERY LOUD. meade did a drop in from his MT's in his Tahoe and he is VERY impressed with them...he said at one point he gagged from the bass!! lol

I am not seeing even if the Mag's are louder and lower spending nearly twice as much for them.

Q --->Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 486
BOO mag hooray Q

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 327
Bass isn't the only thing meade gags on.

And muddy, how many Q's have you heard? None, ohh, I guess you should stfu then :-)

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 328
Also, Scott knows what I am talking about, so I do have that question for him.

Why were the Q's not hitting the lows like they were supposed to? At first I read there was a manufactures defect in them, so you replaced them for free, but the next ones had the exact same problem. What is the deal mang?

And exactly what is the correct port area for a single Q 15?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5715
Andy....no need to be a dick man.

I talked to Ben and he doesn't condone your assish behavior and vulgarness towards other products...people see you are being an a** and are turned off by your products. bad business.

I talked to Ben for almost 30 mintues straight...so no need for you to pipe in with your smarta** sayings.

plenty of people on Caraudio.com said the Q's sounds awesome, and have no trouble hitting the lows.

back off dude...you are looking like more and more of an a** on this forum everytime you post against anything that isnt SI.

seriously...it is getting old. just stop:-)

Gold Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1054
well, i look at em and i dont see anything amazing, i see that they dont even have woven spiders and those could cause a problem, also i see that they use the same motor for the 12 15 and 18 and i really dont like when companys do that and also they arent posting the voice coil diameter which leads me to believe that they probly have about 2" voice coils which = not that good, and will overheat, but i guess the 12 looks pretty good but the 18 looks straight retarded and looks like somthing i wouldnt put near my car let alone in it........ my 2 cents thank you

Gold Member

Post Number: 5718
people are turned off of your products by your beahvior and rudeness***

sounds better. lol

but i am not here to argue...we can all get along, but the bashing of my interest in another subwoofer does nothing for anybody...except make oyu look like the bad guy...which Ben doesn't want seeing as though you are representing him in a way.

believe me dude...i didn't "tell" on you. i simply stated that you are little more pushy when it comes to SI products and sometime you go about it the wrong way...and he agreed with me. so no hram no foul. just lay off with the rudeness man.

did Scott ever do anything to personally offend you? my guess is no, so then why would you harass him about a product he makes? i dont understand...

Gold Member

Post Number: 5719
you haven;t looked on the website enough then Troy...

find a company that uses a bigger motor with everysize up of there sub, and i will show you a company that is wasting money. lol

the Q's have a 3" VC.
it is in the description of the sub before you clikc to see individual drivers...lol

Gold Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1055
ok but treo at least uses a bigger motor for there 15s and 18s then they do there 12s

Gold Member

Post Number: 5721
ok great.
lol

bye bye.:-)

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2346
wow u guys are so annoying did anyone every tell you that muddy is trying to be a nice guy and tell you the way it is and your just trying to make him lok stupid just comment on fi in this thread or get out that simple

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 337
I don't like FI subs. I never liked the quality of RE, and these subs just look too similiar to me.

There is my FI comment for you Charlie.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2352
see was that so hard to say thats all you had to do instead of going and arguing about it gotta keep it civilized around here

Username: Meade916

[b]Showrides
Silver Member

Hartford , CT
USA

Post Number: 327
Posted on Friday, September 08, 2006 - 12:09 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bass isn't the only thing meade gags on.
-----------------------[/b]

actually, show-feg, the last time i gagged it was when your mom pulled down her pants and i got a whiff of that snatch from across the room...my dog gagged too and he loves to eat out of the trash can so that should tell you something.

Anyone want a REAL opinion and not some bull$h!t from some little punk who has no idea? Go to my site www.stevemeadedesigns.com - my videos tell all. You want REAL HARD HITTING CHEST POUNDING BASS? Well build your system properly all the way down to the electrical and box....choose a GREAT driver like the FI or RE from the line that is most suited for your needs and you will be more than happy. I am. I have more beat than everyone in here and thats not even bragging its the truth.......and im telling you FROM EXPERIENCE that the BTL is ONE KICK A$S SUB.

Hey show-D!ck, why dont you quit following Scott around like a lil b!tch talking out of your azzz and let these people make up their minds on their own. Ive never heard of the stuff your pushing but you dont see me following YOU around trashing on it do you.....bro, you are a hypocrite youve NEVER heard a BTL either and your dissing the same way those guys are praising who havent heard it yet. I also see your trashing RE......my RE's would RIP your peanut head off just like my new BTLs.

Anyone want REAL opinions HIT ME up not this loser. thanks thats all.

Silver Member
Username: Tweeker

Post Number: 443
lol are you the real steve meade or did you just make a fake account to act like steve meade lol. we all know that showrides review dosent count lol. they think the mag is the king period. dint you guys see when he got mad cause robert dint buy mags LOL i was cracking up. thats why we want reviews from other forums and normal kids that try em in different cars........

Gold Member

Post Number: 5733
thank you Steve.:-)
and Welcome to the forum!!!!!

i have seen your Tahoe with the 4 BTL 18's....INSANE!

good job man.:-O

Silver Member
Username: Tweeker

Post Number: 445
I don't like FI subs. I never liked the quality of RE, and these subs just look too similiar to me.

There is my FI comment for you Charlie.

that should tell you something he never liked RE and FI so of course hes gonna diss em lol well my bro is gonna get a ssd 15 or q 15 so ill let you guys now how it sounds in like 2 weeks lol.

Yup....its the real me :D

I know absolutely NOTHING about an SI MAG....if its so great then show us. Maybe it is... I think my subs are great so ill show you guys what they can do.....not just talk about it. Talk is cheap.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5736
i agree.:-)

i am trying to get good review about them...not biased b.s.

i have a few threads about the Q's and except for the Low-hz reps manny and andy(showrides)....everybody has something good to say about them.

and just b/c i haven't heard them doens't mean i can't form an opinion of them. that is why i red other people's opinions to get an idea of what they are like.:-)

thanks muddy :-) to bad i gotta come here and see someone talkin crap about me instead of this being a good experience. Maybe it will change but right now thats kinda a cheap shot talkin about me on a forum that i dont go to instead of doing it where i would clearly see it like termpro, CA.com, Realm, or my own.

Anyway other than that joker, Glad to be here! :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 5739
link us to the vid/s of the BTL's.

Upload

Post Number: 4
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&It emid=42

ive only been running BTLs for a couple days so almost all of those videos are with the CRAPPY, Low quality RE MT sub :rolls eyes: :D

Hey if they suck that bad, i dont want to be good lmao. enjoy and sign up for MY board.....i always like level headed, good people around whether you know something about something or not.....:-)

Post Number: 5
the vid at the very bottom is the latest "excursion vid" of the garbage BTL.....BTW ;)

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5358
yeah RE rocks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5741
dude...those vids are amazing...

i like the one with the kids in it saying "that aint loud" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA lil punka** kids. :-)

i will join the forum. hope to see you there Chad^^^

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5360
of course man.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5362
the escalade vid is my favorite. damn the door flexing is awesome. not to mention all the equipment.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 341
Your RE's or BTL's don't have anything on the setups we run. You will never run with the big boys meade:-)

I have talked to guys here about you and all your SPL accomplishments haha. Sounds like they pretty much owned your a**.

But have fun with your BLT's OR BTL's or whatever they are called.

Also, you have nver heard a DD or SI sub? That is pretty said, especially if you competep. How many competitors have never heard DD before haha.

But anyways your BTL has nothing output wise on DD, and you will get owned again this year.

Post Number: 6
Who told you i have no experience with DD son?

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=46&It emid=1

I have some experience with DD's in my installs as well as friends and teamates using them so that PROVES you are full of sh!T. Your right though on one thing, never heard of a SI.....other than the bad name your now giving it.

What do you mean ill never run with the big boys? Who do you know WITHOUT a wall that is as loud on the street as me? No one. Ok that takes care of that....

Another thing, i like DD as much as the next guy but even when i ran MT's against other with 9515 and 9917's in daily systems......i had no problem smashin them with my system. Installer? Maybe..it dont matter i was running RE's thats all i know. Now im louder than EVER and wait......to get OWNED AGAIN wouldnt i need to get OWNED in the first place?

Man your actually more of a punk b!tch than i anticipated and everything your saying is completely wrong, how can you show your face anywhere in the SPL community talkin out of your a$S the way you do?

I will have fun with my BTL's they

Post Number: 7
Who told you i have no experience with DD son?

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=46&It emid=1

I have some experience with DD's in my installs as well as friends and teamates using them so that PROVES you are full of sh!T. Your right though on one thing, never heard of a SI.....other than the bad name your now giving it.

What do you mean ill never run with the big boys? Who do you know WITHOUT a wall that is as loud on the street as me? No one. Ok that takes care of that....

Another thing, i like DD as much as the next guy but even when i ran MT's against other with 9515 and 9917's in daily systems......i had no problem smashin them with my system. Installer? Maybe..it dont matter i was running RE's thats all i know. Now im louder than EVER and wait......to get OWNED AGAIN wouldnt i need to get OWNED in the first place?

Man your actually more of a punk b!tch than i anticipated and everything your saying is completely wrong, how can you show your face anywhere in the SPL community talkin out of your a$S the way you do?

I will have fun with my BTL's so far they are doing just what they are supposed to......and then some.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5363
dude do us all a favor and STFU already. damn man you sound like a whiny little b!tch.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5365
i was referring to showrides post up there. i didn't know someone else posted something.

Gold Member
Username: Nemen

Post Number: 1007
LOL ^^^^

Post Number: 8
oh by the way if i dont have anything on the setups YOU run, show me what YOU run.....C'mon honey show me. Scare me with your crazy loud beat that you and your boyz are "owning me again" with LMAO

what a clown.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2353
steve meade u are the man i love watching your video's and i liked that install you were doing for your wifes car a hile back and btw sorry about your car that got stolen i signed up for your wedsite aswell

Gold Member

Post Number: 5744
those were some pretty foolish and childish comebacks...just end it.

why does my thread have to get sh1t on. lol:-)

Username: Deaf_tones

damn "Showrides"....never have I seen such a pathetic excuse at e-pwnage in my life.

What's with all the 3rd party, hearsay bullslip?? "my boys overheard a discussion with some local cats blah blah blah"...pleeeaase, put the e-thug cookies down, son. You're getting a little too hyped up for your own good...even resorted to name dropping old companies?? damn man, sure served up that pwnage to meade something fierce, didn't ya? :rolleyes:

Couldn't help but notice the extreme lack of pics to go with all this caressing of the keyboard...? What's up with that? Surely you've got to have SOMETHING to back your boy's, homie's setup. I mean, you couldn't POSSIBLY be all e-talk. :rolleyes:

You did, however, impress me with the abundance sand caught up in that vag...could build a sandcastle with that sh1t mang...with 3 separate wings :eek: *hands you douche* dig deep, champ...wouldn't want to leave any behind.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5746
and here comes the meade desings boys^^^^

sweet.:-)

welcome to the forum guys!!

err deaftones:-)

Username: Deaf_tones

naaaahhhh, i roll solo ;) but i appreciate the welcome none the less.

meade's my ace...seen/felt/heard what he's capable of many a time. and while that showrides chump's singin' it, meade's BEEN bringing it.

damn kids these days - see a competition sub at some local comp and think they're the sh1t, brand dropping it like it hasn't been out since '96.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5750
lol. cool man.

i would love to hear meade's truck...or car...the vids make it look intense...and that is just s sh1tty WMA file.:-)

hope to see you around here a little more if you can/want...we are always wanting some one else's opinion on things man....the more the merrier.:-O

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 342
Hello Everyone,

This is Ben from Low-Hz.com. I just wanted to say thanks to Muddy, and the other people who contacted me about previous comments made by the Showrides sn on here. Andy has been taken care of, and will no longer be posting on this forum, or any others for that matter. From now on I will be having a guy named Dan on here to help you guys out and answer any questions you have. I have made it clear, that he should help everyone, and not just people looking at our products.

Also, Sorry about the Meade. I am good friends with Manny and we talk a lot about your enclosures, and installs and of course we are both a fan. It won't happen again, and best of luck this year in the competitions.

Sorry abot that guys,

Ben

Owner of www.Low-Hz.com

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 505
hip hip hooray yay ben

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1692
Ok who would have guessed you customize a subwoofer with "bells and whistles" like you would a car or a new AlienWare computer, like I did lol.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2864
this has got to be one of the funniest threads i've read in a while.

welcome to the new members and good move on the Showrides deal. thats not how you get customers.

Post Number: 9
Thank you, Ben for straightening this out......i have alot of respect for you to come in here and say that so no hard feelings, deal? :-)

One good thing that came of this i guess...now i know about your product where i hadnt heard too much about it. ;) From what ive heard just today, even with the b.s. that was going on, your a standup guy and everyone likes to do business with you. As far as im concerned you and your company are Good with me so we can just call this water under the bridge now :cool:

Hades, NV

Post Number: 5
Woah... absolutely crazy read...
I must say that it was a very stand up thing for Ben to do on the forum and I appreciate it. Im not sure where all of it came from (seemed like left field), but I am glad it is straightened out. Thanks Ben, and I have a deepened respect for you and how you run your business.

Hopefully this thread can hop back on track ;)

Thanks,
Scott

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2361
nice job ben this is like a huge day in ecoustics lol okay last couple days

Gold Member

Post Number: 5754
scott!!!!!!!!!

i emailed you again...with the same reply letter that is a mile long now. lol

yeah...this is stupid drama that could have been avoided if someone would have just kept there mouth shut.....

Gold Member

Post Number: 5755
cool beans Ben. that is a really stand up thing to do. i have a lot of repsect for oyu and even more now that i just read that.:-)

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 343
Thanks guys. But like Scott, I don't really have a ton of time to spend on all the forums. I can only hit up so many. But I will be posting on here the next couple of days just to clear everything up, and then after that my good friend Dan will take over. So everything should be all set.

Meade, that deal sounds good to me:-)

And Scott, I am sure the Q's can play low in the correct enclosure. But the correct enclosure is key. But on another note, I may be contacting you soon about something. It is OEM related and I would just like some of your advice if you don't mind.

Thanks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5767
Alright, so now that all that is behind us we can move on to bigger and better things...like getting back on topic. lmao!

I look forward to seeing more reviews of the Q as time goes on....and if Scott is having any problems with the drivers...all of that can be worked out...FI Car Audio just came out, so it isn't like they have 5 years of R & D unde thier belt with all of their drivers...but i am confident that Scott knows what he is doing. Things change everyday...and their are always complications with everything in life...we have all learned that one way or another. :-O

Username: Shawn_fleming

Hello everyone! Wow what happened here? If anyone has any questions about Fi, feel free to contact me, if you cant get ahold of scott, he is quite busy at the moment, so if time is of the essence, and I am around, I have no problems helping anyone out. Also if you have ANY general car audio questions, not just about Fi, feel free to ask. For those that dont know me, mine name is Shawn Fleming, and Im addicted to bass, I see you have already met my brother, Steve Meade! :-)

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 5400
wassup shawn. welcome to the forum.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5776
good to hear shawn!! we could always use the help.
welcome to the forum :-)

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 1265
Steve how the hell do you sit in your car without earplugs man? You gotta have some serious hearing loss! Get headaches much??? lol :-)

Silver Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 520
Muddy get on aim i got some bad news

Gainesville, Florida

thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5791
you live in Gainesville???

i live in Ocala:-)

do you know a man by the name of Dewayne, he works at a sound shop up there...i forget the name of it though, damn.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5792
Dewayne Bohlers that is....lol

Gainesville, Florida

Post Number: 6
cant say that I do, you happen to know what shop. To be honest I dont frequent shops here in town, the only shop I go to here is Sound Depot and Performance, b/c 2 buddies of mine own it, and I just go up there to shoot the crap.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5797
ahhhhi forget the name of it...that might be it....but i can't remember man. lol

oh well...it is good to see people closer to me that are into car audio as well....i am pretty lonely down here in OCala. LOL

Gainesville, Florida

Post Number: 7
Yeah you could say Im into car stereo ;) And yes Ocala can be very boring, just have to do like my friends do, and go get drunk and ride go-carts! :-) I always get to be the designated driver from Gainesville to Ocala

Gold Member

Post Number: 5805
LOL....i don't drink, so you can imagine how boring it is around here...but i got a GF.Upload

Silver Member
Username: Nyyfan13

VA USA

Post Number: 150
hey, i just checked out that site in the first post and i got a question. How would a 12"SSD by Fi compare to a 12"jl w6? i know nothing abuot the Fi SSD, it just looked kinda nice. for all i know i could be comparing apples and oranges and if i am just let me know. im not looking for to get a system for competitions or anything, just wanna add some more "thump" to my driving.
in advance, thanks for the help

Gold Member

Post Number: 5807
the Q would better suit your needs...it is the SQL sub of the bunch...SQ on par with the XXX and louder than the SSD by a bit...

watt for watt....the SSD(with flatwinde coil option) is louder....but once it runs out of Xmax the Q cathes up and passes it a bit.
Q is on par with the SX in output as well.:-)

Silver Member

VA USA

Post Number: 151
alrite muddy, if i were to get the 12" Q, would i have to buy a new alt or anything along those lines? im not trying to buy anything along those lines cause thats just to much for me to handle.
i appreciate it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5811
how big is your stock alt.???

if it is along the lines of like 120A or 130A you should be fine...but to run anymore than say 100wRMS in a car with an alt anywhere underneath that...i would look into uprgading it.:-)

Silver Member

VA USA

Post Number: 152
alrite, my stock alt is 1200w...? i thoght it was supposed to be in amps...but the only thing i could find about it is that. its a 2005 scion tc. hope this tells you what you need to know.

Gainesville, Florida

Post Number: 10
yanks fan, what amplifier are you using? And the Q can surpass the sx in output.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1630
i think your vehicle has a stock 100a alt.

Silver Member

VA USA

Post Number: 153
not decided yet, honestly, i just vistied this thread and went to the website, thought the SSD looked kinda nice and the Q looked even better, so i figured id ask around to see how they compared to a w6.
im not set on getting the Q or the SSD, i just wanted to know how they stood against a w6 because im interested in them and mite get one if they are quality and worth it.

Bronze Member

Gainesville, Florida

Post Number: 13
the SSD and the Q will can both have more output than the w6. The q will have great sound quality while getting loud, the SSD has a little less sound quality than the q, but gets has very good output.

Silver Member

VA USA

Post Number: 154
alrite well, if the Q requires me to get a new alt, then im gonna have to pass on it. back to the SSD, is this a qualtiy sub and if i get one, will i be happy with it? again im just looking for a sub that can provide me with an extra "thump."
thanks for the quick and helpful respones

Bronze Member

Gainesville, Florida

Post Number: 16
A good quality 1000-1200d wont require the use of a new alt. That will be the power you will need for a Q.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us