Frazs' thread: system to beat a pair of type rs'

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6117
here fraz, post everything you need and budget here. having multiple threads for the same damn thing is really annoying and stupid. so this thread is yours, please just let all the others' die, no one is going to want to check multiple threads for the same thing just to help you out on this.

Silver Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 679
hahaha agreed.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6118
bump to the top so he starts using this thread.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5343
LMFAOOOOOO!

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 969
HAHAHA this guy has seriously made like 10 threads about his system...good call tho ctmike

Bronze Member
Username: Type94

Kitchener , Ontario Canada

Post Number: 39
OK can u tell me , if this pair is good for SPL on a Tight Budget ...

Kicker 08DS12L74, i dont care about the SQ i want SPL and good lows and highs just so it could be heard from a distance ?
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=19493

Hifonics BXi 1606D amp for the subs and CAN I WIRE THESE SUBS DOWN TO 1 OHM ???

Im just going to put this system in my car i`ll leave the speakers alone and everything , just want Loud SPL to be noticed lmfao .... Btw these kickers are really cheap in the factory enclosure , but im also getting to RE Audio subs http://cgi.ebay.ca/2-RE-AUDIO-SE12-12-SE-SUBS-RESONANT-ENGINEERING-pair_W0QQitem Z150141342214QQihZ005QQcategoryZ18803QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem each 1000 watt RMS for 360$ with shipping , are the better then the Kickers ???

And the last problem is that my cousin use to own the car i have now before , he had 2 MTX 10inch subs some red ones about 900 watt RMS , the problem was that whenever he turned up the volume after 20 the speakers started making a noise but the subs kept giving clean bass ... So he couldnt pass Volume 20 , is there a way to improve that ???

By the way i would want to know which one is better .... RE AUDIO SUBS or KICKER L7`s

If i buy the RE Audios for 360 is there a possibility that i can get a box made for MAX 150 or 160 ? .... Btw im getting the Kicker Enclosure for 500$ not 600$.

My Total Budget is 950 now , I want one nice Cd player + Subwoofers and an amp for those subs ?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7551
" SPL on a Tight Budget " has kicker L7s written all over it. Be warned though they sound like crap.

The kicker box is fine for them. But get a decent amp.

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 972
if you want just plain LOUD, L7s are for you. HOWEVER, they are known to blow because of the build quality.

if you want to get loud and sound GOOD doing it, then get the RE SE's. IMO i dont think you will notice a difference in loudness between the pair, but you WILL notice a difference in sound quality. so just go for the SE's and be loud and sound good.

as for a CD player, look at alpine 9883, 9886,9887. those are all great HU's

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1968
If you want something loud that sounds good, grab a pair of those sonance 12's for $300 shipped and a RD 1000.1. It will leave you with ample enough money for wires and custom box. Will sound great and get plenty loud for you.

Kevin
lowhz01@yahoo.com

PS: LMFAO at ctmike for this thread.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
Guys i was thinking if i could get something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z42vgnODARY

And would the RE's beat those alpines ?

Btw i already have 4 gauge Stinger wiring done in my car and the trunk is also Dynamated

Silver Member

Post Number: 689
alright if the subs are dual 4 ohm. then yes they can be wired to 1 ohm. and also 4 gauge has a max capacity of about 1000 watts, any over that you should upgrade your wiring.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
On a 950$ budget i dont think i can afford a good amp exccept the hifonics and hifonics isnt that bad alot of ppl use it and they have massive power in their cars .

I dont know about the RE's but is there a possibility that i can get a custom box made for cheap ... Or instead of the RE's or kickers i should go with the premiers because there costing me 298 with free shipping btw there 12" subs 1000 watt RMS each . So what do u think ???

Silver Member

Post Number: 690
i say make a decision already. i would say, listen to what kevin holden has to offer to you. rd is some good s*it.

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1969
Wow, didn't notice he was in Canada. Shipping wil be little more, but you should still have money left.

Kevin

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
Guys the RD amp is pretty expensive , its 600$ and Would those RE subs be good then , should i order them ? And for the amp cant i get something a bit cheap ... i also have to get a Head unit and a Capacitor .... The head unit will cost around 200$ ....

Btw these are nice subs plus there amps look nice too ...

But will these sonance 12 inch sub be loud .... Can i be notcied from 2 blocks away or so lmfao ???

And i do not know what is the RMS wattage required for the RE subs ?

All i want to spend on subs and amp is about max 800.
How about Orion amps http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7559_Orion+HCCA-D2400.html
will this put out 2400 watts RMS when wired at 1ohm ?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
Product Description Your Price Quantity Total Delete
Hifonics BXi2008D Hifonics BXi2008D
2000-Watt Super D-Class Amplifier 1-Channel Mono-Block
$339.00 $339.00
Boss Audio CAP3.5R Boss Audio CAP3.5R
3.5 Farad Capacitor With Digital Voltage Display
$59.00 $59.00
Alpine CDA-9884 Alpine CDA-9884
CD/MP3/WMA Receiver with iPod Bluetooth USB HD and Satellite Radio Ready
$199.00 $199.00
Pioneer Premier TS-W3001D4 Pioneer Premier TS-W3001D4
12" 3000W Dual 4-Ohm Subwoofer
On Sale!!! $148.00 $296.00

Is this a good SPL system because i heard the Premiers Hit Hard, is that true ???

And can these premiers be wired down to 1 ohm ???

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6126
1)you'll get the amp for less than $600, that's just msrp.
2)don't get a cap., they're a useless waste of money.
3)why you want to be heard from 2 blocks away? you want your shi_t stolen?
4)you can find the specs on the re subs on thier website.
5)and no, that amp wont do 2400wrms. says so right on the page it's only 1200wrms @ 1ohm. you really think your budget allows for a true 2400w amp along with everything else? be happy with 1000-1200w, or spend more.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6127
have heard those pioneers can get loud, but wait for others with experience to chime in. you might want to get a bigger hifonics amp than the one you posted as they are overrated, go for the 2606 (think that's the model). forget about the cap. nice hu choice, and yes a pair of dual 4ohm vc subs can wire down to 1ohm.

do you have the charging system to support 2000w+?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
I unno im not sure but my cars battery is a bit weak ... a bit weak but its a BMW E39 n i think it probably has a big alternator ..... Is it possible to buy a separate battery for the system such as a small 100$ stinger battery ..... n i heard all caps do is they stop your lights from dimming n that kind of stuff.....

http://www.audioenhancers.com/catalog_drvr_specific.html#KV
How would a box be from AudioEnahncers ??
are they nice ?

And that pioneer 307 was in my hatch back pretty small car but it could really bang and my battery was getting weak cuz of it ..... It could beat any Rockfords or MTX subs here in Canada lol...

Take a look at that Orion amp and tell me if it will support the Premiers ... But i dont think the Hifonics are very Over rated ... there probably about 2 or 300 watts less ... i dont know u probably know better ... ??? I did have a small pioneer 307 sub hooked up to a 4 channel amp and it was LOUD btw it was in a hatchback and i could be heard from 1 block away .... The rms for that was 450 watts and the box was a pretty simple ported enclosure ....
But i have had experience with pioneer and heard that they could really shake the streets ?

The Premiers are 300$ ( two subs )
The Head Unit is 199$
The amp should be no more then 350$
because i need money for the box too lol

So lets see which amp should be good enough for shaking a street with two Premiers .... Btw these are the new premiers not the SPL ones ... Heard there better ???

And i think these premiers can even beat the kickers big time ..... Check this out ....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1vdFKq3AYs
these subs have a hifonics amp hooked up BXi2008D

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6128
first, i'd find out the size of the alt. in your car. 2000wrms is alot to be running on stock, even a large stock. and yes you can add another battery, but i'd upgrade the alt. first. all the cap. will do in your case is just add more strain to your alt., which looks as if you don't need that. no, that orion amp won't push a pair of the pioneers fully. it's rated at 1200wrms @ 1ohm, each sub is 1000wrms. do the math. and hifonics are overrated, 200-300wrms overrated is a good bit. and you'll probably need to spend more on an amp, or look around and see if you can come across a good used amp or find something on a good sale. like i said, imo for a pair of those pioneers i'd go with the 2608 (was wrong before on model #), since you'll probably only see around 2200-2300w from it.

and good luck running all 2000wrms+ on stock charging.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6129
and please learn to post links, you really suck at that. also, you can't look at a youtube video and say sub a will beat sub b big time.

but i'd go with an l7 over the pioneers. for the money they are hard to beat in spl.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
ok so should i just go with a Kicker L7 factory box and a hifonics BXi 2008D amp ?

I will reach about a 1000$ but atleast i will have the box and i heard the box isnt good on lows , is that true ?

is 4 gauge stinger wiring good enough ?

Btw the alternator is not a problem because my driver looks after the cars maintenance , so i shouldn't worry about that and even if anything happens im not the one paying for the repair or a new one .

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6130
that amp would push a pair of 12" l7s'. and the box isn't good on lows due to it being tuned so high, but since you said before all you want is spl shouldn't be a problem. upgrade to 0 gauge.

and yes, you should worry about the alt. if by chance you kill the alt. with your system, what do you think will happen when you replace it with another of the same size? you'll kill that one to. and not only that, you stand a chance of ruining your amp, and subs along with it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
But i heard Alternator can get very expensive around 300$ ...... Is it ok to put the system now and changing the Alternator after a month or so ?

Plus i have decided to get the Kickers with the Enclosure and i'll get the Hifonics BXi 2008D amp for it , is that good enough ?

Like i want lows on songs such as get low or songs with that kind of low bass ... But if thats not possible then i will buy a box later on when i have the money ... atleast i will have the subs lol..
can u check this site and see if they can be trusted and they have some good rates ?

http://www.millionbuy.com

And is it possible to run these on 4 gauge wires , there stinger wires and there pretty thick ... Or if u say 0 gauge then i'll have to pay alot for getting the wiring done again from front to back ?

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1575
Get electrical upgrades ASAP, but until then keep it turned down if you must wait. You should be fine with a 2nd run of 4ga.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
Yeah i will do that , plus i dont like it to keep it on full volume for more then 10 seconds ...
Hey will and MTX mono amp be good such as this
http://cgi.ebay.ca/MTX-THUNDER-TE801D-2400-WATT-CLASS-D-MONO-SUB-AMP-NEW_W0QQite mZ360053397104QQihZ023QQcategoryZ64570QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
Would this 5 channel Kicker amp do for the Subs or no http://cgi.ebay.ca/NEW-KICKER-08ZX700-5-5-CHANNEL-CAR-AUDIO-AMPLIFIER-AMP_W0QQit emZ350061971232QQihZ022QQcategoryZ39739QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
Or this would be better its a Refurbished amp and its a KICKER http://cgi.ebay.ca/KICKER-ZX1500-1-CAR-AUDIO-1500W-RMS-MONO-AMPLIFIER-AMP_W0QQit emZ320254769756QQihZ011QQcategoryZ64570QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1577
Neither amp. You need 1500w @ 1 ohm. Stick with a class D mono amp. How much do you want to spend on an amp? The hifonics BXi2008 amp will work, since they are over rated (if the same as past years model).

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
This is the Exact same system i want to get also the same head unit http://youtube.com/watch?v=f6RjQViTkE0

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
What do u think of Earthquake amps ? For 2 premier 10" TS-2504SPL

Silver Member

Post Number: 693
whats the rush man. jez.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
I want to know what i should get before buying it

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9482
slow down listen and think it through it will turn out much better if you do....not to mention cheaper if you do it right the first time

Silver Member
Username: Pbplayer05

Carroll, Iowa

Post Number: 654
i gotta pair of bm's forsale 300 for them awesome subs
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us