CUSPID 1600w 4 channel install help

Username: Chaosofthemasses

Edwardsburg, Michigan Usa

Post Number: 7
ive just got a cuspid 1600w 4 channel amp today and as soon as i hook all appropriate wires to where they go i notice that both subs arent working only one and it sounds vry low sounding for a 1600w amp. it has a place for 2 sets of preouts (for the front and rear) and when i hook up 2 channels that are right next to each other they make a blown low muffled static sound and ITS NEW. I need to know what can be causing this noise i even took it out and put my old amp back on to re test speakers jus to be positive.
i didnt have the car running when i did this is was on acc on the ignition so it isnt alternator whine only thing i can think of is the electromagnetic field around the power wire is causing distortion on the rcas if so i know i need a ground loop isolator BUT IM NOT SURE so anyone give me insight on this.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5332
it's a cr4ppy amp my friend. You should have asked before!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
well it was cheap and i thought it would supplement my system at least decently but i was wrong and needed a second opinion on this matter. the pre outs are wak the connectors are TOO close together and if you have a big 4 gauge power wire JUST FORGET IT you blow a fuse every time due to its SO SO close to the ground and remote wires its unreal.

NEVER BUY CUSPID i dont care how cheap it is thats why its that cheap!

Username: Evildoughboy08

Post Number: 3
first off, WHY THE **** DID YOU BUY A 4 CHANNEL AMP FOR 12'S? i cant see if thats all you have running on this cuspid amp (or w/e ive never heard of it), but if it is then thats your problem. I usually go with one channel for every two subs. i have 4 12" JL W0s on a 2 channel, and its perfect.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
one channel for two subs is ok but thats bridging and i dont need to bridge cuz every time i do it overloads and shuts off and i value the life of my subs like i said its a CUSPID AMP its so screwed up i dont even use it so instead i use my 2 12s (1) sub for every channel on my 2 channel lightning audio amp and they hit hard so i dont even need the cuspid unless im gonna link the 2 amps and hook up my 2 1000 watt 6x9s to it and go from there

Username: Evildoughboy08

Post Number: 4
0000 idk what kkind of subs you have so yeah that would prolly overload w/e you have.

Bronze Member
Username: Bryanwalsh524

Post Number: 56
i bought a cuspid once... just to sell it to a kid for double the price. ebay special im guessing? worst amp ever probably.

Username: Beamerboy46350

LaPorte, IN United States

Post Number: 7
I bought one of those amps. I had alot of noise first few days but it went away like after a break-in period?? Cant explain but hope it helps
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us