Cutting Out

Bronze Member
Username: Deanerjr

Post Number: 56
Hey, just got my MTX amp installed, along with two 10" Q Power subs. and ive got the in dash etc in already. thing is it bumps great, but it cuts out on certain songs at a certain volume. Wondering is there something i can do?
O yea, glad to be back, been dealin with so much sh*t i left for a bit =[[. I be back now lol. :D

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1211
turn your gain down and check the subs wiring as in ohm load.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 16597
"Cuts out". Does the amp go into protect?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
paul, im thinking the amp goes into protect mode. cause it only happens when a note gets way to low/loud. because some of the time like just a minute ago. it will "Cut out" and the subs wont hit for a few seconds. then once ive turned it back down and waited a second, they will start hittin again.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
also. idk if the ppl who installed it tuned it and fixed the gain right. bout to check my pioneers voltage etc.

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 913
i think there wired wrong i have done that a couple of times

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
it was professionally done. but sh*t, everyone makes mistakes. callin the place up during my 5th period class tomorrow lol. gonna describe whats goin on and see what they got to say. Im out for tonight. hope i got more feedback when im back. Peace.

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 909
are you using cds when this happens? the hu may be shaking and skipping that happened to me before

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
yes. and no its not. the music continues, BUT the bass will stop hitting. and the f*cktard who helped install it i talked to was like "you could just not turn it up that high, or check the gain.." lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us