2 12" alpine type s

Silver Member
Username: Dirtrider125

Post Number: 121
im probly gonna buy 2 of them and get rid of 1 12" type r. how will they sound compared to that and will they be better sealed or ported?

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2086
I dont like the Type-S. I would just keep the Type-R and maybe get another one. Why do you want to switch from type-R to Type-S? Thats going down a step. What kind of enclosure do you have the type r in now? What amp do you have on the Type-R?

Silver Member

Post Number: 123
why dont you like the type s i want to switch because i want 2 12s and the amp i have is a kx450.2 and the type r i have is dual 4 ohm and can only be wired at 2 ohms so i cant bridge it and its only gettin like 300 rms i have it in a sealed box im sure 2 type s will be louder.

Silver Member

Post Number: 124
2 type s ported wit a kx450.2 i dont need a competition system i just want somethin that sounds pretty good and gets pretty loud

Silver Member

Post Number: 125
i would just get another type r but then id have to get a different amp and i dont feel like doin all that

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2088
Well I would still just keep the 1 Type-R. If its in a sealed enclosure try it in a ported one,it will sound alot better. I dont like the type-S because they sound terrible,IMO, and just feel cheap. Also you are underpowering the Type-R. Try giving it around 800wrms and it will sound great. If I were you,instead of buying 2 new subs id sell that amp and get one that will do like 700-800wrms.

Silver Member
Username: Spankinurwoofers

GR, MI US

Post Number: 385
you can get audiobahn A8000T's(or the A8002T, for different wiring) pretty cheap on ebay, they do a little under 800 wrms i believe...I had 4 at one point

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1511
I had a 12" alpine type-s. I would save my money for something better IMO, or go with new (bigger) amp for your type-R.

Silver Member

Post Number: 131
y what kind of box was it in and what amp? u think 1 type r with 800 rms will be louder than 2 type s ported

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1513
I had mine sealed in a 1.25cf (before sub disp). Ran around 350w to it off a rockford P6002.

Never heard a Type-R, but have heard alot of nice things about them.

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2393
ya it could depends on the enclosure. there are some videos on the web of 1 15 in a ported enclosure hittin 140+
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us