Class D amps for soundstage?

Bronze Member
Username: Peakohm

Post Number: 92
Okay, now I can't honestly say I've ever heard a class D used for front/rear component speakers. Some say that compared to an AB amp it is bad, then I've heard others that say there is no difference. I was looking at getting this eclipse amp, but I'm more looking for SQ if there is going to that much of a difference...

http://www.eclipse-web.com/amp/xa4200.html

anyone have any experience/opinions?

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 20792
you want to use that for your front or rear comp speakers? if so you can't. it only goes up to 500hz.

that is the case with all the class d amps. the frequency range is limited so you can't use it for comps.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
yeah, front and rear speakers. maybe I missed where it only went to 500hz I looked it over a few times and it looks like it will drive full range speakers to me

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 20793
oh my bad. i read the frequency response and it says it goes up to 500hz. but then i saw it again and that was the xover range. yeah you can use that. lol. sorry dude.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
lol it's all good man. i was like damn maybe i missed it somewhere! i've heard it sounds good but i was just curious about class D vs AB. i guess we shall see if i get it...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us