Which subs to use

Username: Pnut5555

Gj, Co U.s.a

Post Number: 3
i have a pair of jbl 1024 dual 4 ohm subs,which are brand new never used,i also have two boston 555's. i have a 96'gmc sierra x-cab and have no problem using the back for enclosure space since the back seat is already takin out.im thinking a bandpass enclosure.i'm looking for the most spl possible any suggestions? i'm willing to run different and more subs also.i have two mtx 81001 amps for my subs.

Silver Member
Username: Treez

Its not loud til it he...

Post Number: 383
Dont mix n match different size or brands of subs.

You should stick to one size and one model, however u can vary the amount of subs in your setup.

I have never had experience with those subs, so im unable to offer you any assistance in that regard.

Also i would do a ported design over a bandpass for spl.

What is your budjet?

You can look into audioque HDC's among many others...

www.audioque.com
www.rdaudio.net

Gj, Co U.s.a

Post Number: 4
thanx for the advise.i wasnt planning on mixing the subs together i just needed some input on which subs to use.i was under the impression that a bandpass box would knock alot harder than a sealed or ported box though?my budget pretty much has no limit,i'm a flooring contractor and own my own business so money is deffinately not an option.thanx for the tips!

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5806
bandpass boxes can be great, but not the prefab bandpass boxes you can buy at best buy or most that are online.

Silver Member

Post Number: 384
You should consider:

Digital designs 9515-http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/caraudio/woofers.asp?series=9500g

RD audio super heavyweights-http://www.rdaudio.net/superheavyweight/superheavyweight.htm

Fi audio BTL (fully loaded)-https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=1548259d1ddcf74/shopdata/product_overview.shopscript

(Kevin holden on this forum should be able to provide you with some insight into the Rd products and cut you some awesome deals)

All great companies...

Take note that electrical upgrades are needed and the BIG-3 performed.

The other forum members will chime in momentarily with their opinions on other brands of subs and suggest amplifiers that will suit your application as we have quite an experienced membership.lol

BTW, Welcome to the forum...

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2701
Moneys not an option like you wanna drop $500...or moneys not an option like you wanna drop $10,000? Serious question by the way.

Bandpass boxes have an extremely narrow range of frequencies they can play. If done correctly they are also huge, usually 1.5-2 times bigger than a ported box and up to 3-4 times bigger than a sealed box. Also you will have to do alot of guess and check when building the box, especially if it is your 1st time building a bandpass box. With all that being said, if done correctly they have a much higher SPL than ported and sealed boxes...but thats if you do it correctly. :-) They are kind of know as the one note wonder boxes.

How to avoid making a bandpass box...instead of running 1 sub bandpass run 2 subs ported. It will be close to the same box space and have better SQ and SPL. You might have to run a little more power, but you will be much more satisfied with it in the end.

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Lagrange, GA USA

Post Number: 1874
If you are wanting loud, it's an easy task if budget is not a huge issue. I would like to knwo first of all if you can spend about $1000-$1500 on electrical upgrades first. That would get you an alternator, wires, and batteries.

What kind of truck do you have? Are you open to 15's or 18's, maybe a wall of 12's?

Feel free to shoot me an email, I will help if I can.

Kevin
lowhz01@yahoo.com

Gj, Co U.s.a

Post Number: 5
wow!thanx everyone for the info.this will take me a min to answer all the q's you guys got for me so bare with me.money is not an option as in yes 10,000 but remember i am human and have other necessities too so dropping 10 large all at once would mean i'd have to bust my butt for a month,but doable!i have already upgraded to an optima yellow top and i have a 200 amp alternator in route as we speak.btw what exactely is the big three?and i have four gauge power and ground but i am going to switch in 1/0 as soon as i get everything together.i have done car audio and video for about 15 years but so much has evolved and i've been out of the game for a while so to speak(all work and no play).i have a 1996 gmc sierra k2500 extended cab,lifted on 35's with a 454 under the hood.it's a 3/4 ton so weight is no problem so yes i'm open to 15's 18's or even a wall of 12's. i think i've answered all the q's thanx everone for the advice!!

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Lagrange, GA USA

Post Number: 1879
Depepnding on the power you are wanting to run, I would grab a second alt of about 300-350 amp :-)

What type of music do you listen to daily?

Kevin

Gj, Co U.s.a

Post Number: 6
i listen to all types of music,mostly rap n r&b it just depends on the mood i'm in.and where can i find a 300-350 amp alt? and what is the big 3?

Silver Member

Post Number: 389
BIG 3...

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f202/big-three-big-3-upgrade-how-to-321330/
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us