Milwaukee's new sound ordinance

Silver Member
Username: Turnmat

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 685
Ok so if you live in or around milwaukee or are even traveling through milwaukee you can get a $100 dollar ticket for having your music too loud. The best part is the police dont even need to catch you, it could be the guy driving next to you. All he/she has to do is take down your license plate number and send it to the police and say your music was to loud. They can also call the police and give them your license plate number.

First offense: warning
Second offense: $100 ticket

You dont even get a chance to argue against it. They will just mail you a ticket and tell you to pay up. t his even goes for people that dont even have a system in their car. Peoeple can even use this for revenge if they know your license plate number.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2108
Yup. I heard about this on the news the past few days. I'm not too worried about it. The first time someone calls you in they send you a warning through the mail. The second time it could be a couple hundred dollar fine.

Gold Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2109
idk if you saw that one alderman guy or whatever. but that guys was crying like a little baby. "this is enough, we need to stop this loud music......and all the horn beeping." stfu

Silver Member

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 695
new sound ordinance FTL! What about all the Loud bikes? Someone should get his license plate number and call the police and say his music is too loud...LOL

I am still going to blast my music! All my driving is on the interstate so i am not to worried about it either.

Gold Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2110
Yea its rediculous. remember that whole "boom box busters" thing. lol. well i guess there gonna be calling this the "bass busters."

Silver Member

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 697
I remember that "boom box busters",its so stupid. I think we have Harley fest up here this year for the 105th anniversary or something? Are they going to give out tickets for all the guys on bikes with their radio blaring?

Gold Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2111
yea. its pretty dumb.

Silver Member

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 700
We will have to wait and see how long they keep this ordinance in effect. I am willing to bet they will make ALOT of money.

Gold Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2113
Yea maybe. Theres always this caddy that goes past my house...and it sounds loud as hell. I really wanna follow him and see what hes got lol. Probobly keeker.

Silver Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 640
f*ck the police!

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8017
What's BS is that someone can just randomly report you even if you weren't playing loud music. If someone doesn't like you they can just take your plate down and have you ticketed. This law should really be thrown out.

Gold Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2114
There has to be some sort of proof or something because if anyone can do that, then that doesnt make any sense.

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1806
i doubt many peole will take the time and/or know about the ability for them to just instantly-ticket someone.

But nevertheless its total BS. If you want to get this removed or put back in question. Go to the local police station and copy down the plates of the personal vehicles the police officers drive. That will send a message.

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 879
"Go to the local police station and copy down the plates of the personal vehicles the police officers drive."

Lmao that would be awesome!

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5797
i get bucks like milwaukee?

Silver Member
Username: Teamrevolution

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 272
Kind of lame if you ask me.

How can they actually tell if you had it loud or if someone just made it up.

Innocent until proven guilty!!!!!!!!

I have system in my ride that always do 150-155 on music.

Sometimes people get so mad they tell me there calling the police. Sometimes they act like they are going to jump out the car. Sometimes they just smile and bob there heads. Sometimes i bend a corned and the whole block hits me with a peace sign and smiles. Thats my favorite! LOL

Silver Member
Username: Teamrevolution

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 273
LOL at my spelling

" BEND THE CORNER"

Gold Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2120
"Go to the local police station and copy down the plates of the personal vehicles the police officers drive."

lmfao. they're also gonna have cops with some kind of db meter to see how loud it is and if its past a certain level they'll pull you over and ticket you. its pretty effed up.

Bronze Member
Username: 4realadeala

Tampa, Florida

Post Number: 38
Guys it isn't just the police. It is legislators and this very annoying group called Noise Free (state). Mine is Noise Free Florida, they are trying to get were they can IMPOUND your car for violating their law. They believe that music that can be heard more than 25 feet is unacceptable. They are trying if not already succeeded to get the same as Milwaukee, and yes they are trying to get it were anyone can phone in a license plate so the perpetrator can be issued a citation. I recently got into a huge internet argument with the local chapter of Noise Free (Polk County). These people are lunatics, One argument was that loud music causes them naseua, stomach cramps, migraines, agressive mood swings, and heart palpatations. One idiot told me that loud bass disturbs the eco-system and throws it all out of whack. I asked them if they planned on cracking down on motorcycles with the pipes chopped off, they told me I was stupid for trying to include them. These people are activist with way too much time on their hands.

Fellas they are going to their congress men and women and pushing these laws, what are we doing. Senseless booming is annoying, but damn they want it all stopped. We have to take this into our own hands, first step is googling this organization and telling them how we feel. When I confronted them, they said that I was the only one who had a negative response to their cause. Guys our voice must be heard. Otherwise you will see such harsh crimes of this that no one will be able to have high end stereo equipment. Please keep this thread going we must do something.

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1654
Just go down to the mall and write down thousands of license plate numbers and send each one in. I bet they will change the rules after the huge over flow of mail.

Silver Member

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 701
the way i heard it on the news was that anyone can call the police and just say you had your music on or not. you cant prove wether you did or not and you get a ticket.

But i agree, if you take and get the license plates of all the cops personel vehicles and even maybe the mayor and report things will change. I will sit at MATC and watch the police drive their cars in and we can get the license plate numbers. Anyone want to help?

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1656
Totally do something guys, alert the media to your cause as i would think someone would want to do a report on this very unfair law that not require proof. I live in Canada else I would be helping.

Silver Member

Racine, Wi

Post Number: 706
I plan on sitting at matc and watching the cops come and go. But i do like your idea /\/\ike
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us