Some Subwoofer Companies Just Suck the choad

Silver Member
Username: Phil_salisbury

Post Number: 659
This is my rant for the day, he!!, it's been a continuing rant for as long as I can remember.

I spent the better part of 45 mins just trying to find mounting and depth info for a MOFO 10" subwoofer and finally found it on some obscure fr!ggin website and I don't know if their ever right of not, BUT, WTF choice do I have.

WTF is the malfunction with subwoofer companies that that create a d@mn website for their sh!t and don't even have the fa king common sense to put in the info about the subwoofers basic dimensions info.

I got better things to do with my time than go on a search and destroy missions looking for information that sound be on the manufacturers site nor should I have to waste my time calling them only only to here " I am not at my desk right now, please leave a message ".

Yeah, while I'm waiting on the return call, the customer mostly likely said " Screw Woodlawn " and went with someone else.

I'm all for trying to give the customer the best service possible, but, it's pizzing me off that I can't because I have to waste my time with this bullsh!t.

End.............

I will say to some satisfaction that there are folks in other subwoofer companies that do go the extra mile for the info I have asked for in the past and to them I am greatly appreciative for their efforts and help they have provided.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9562
I get paid tomorrow Phil.

You know what that meansUpload

I'll shoot you an email soon bud.

Silver Member
Username: Denim

SoundSolutionsAudio.com, MD USA

Post Number: 711
I am glad I got our measurements to you.

Silver Member

Post Number: 660
Denim,

My rant was not aimed toward SSA Audio, All the subwoofer companies that are their have always been kind enough to put up with the requests for info I have asked for and it allows me to go that extra mile myself to help the customer know what will and will not fly within a given design I work on for them.

Again, thanks for the info you have and will provide in the future.

Silver Member

Post Number: 661
Yanks,

I'm still trying to work out that other design with amps and it's proving to be a real b!tch.

I just need more time to work all the angles, I really wish I had taken more measurements of the space in back, then I know more to what I have to work with.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9569
If you can figure something out then awesome but if you can't and are just stuck, then don't worry about it at all. It was just one of those things that popped into my mind that could be neat.

I would give you more measurements but it would be hard for me to give you real accurate ones.

Silver Member
Username: Denim

SoundSolutionsAudio.com, MD USA

Post Number: 712
Phil, I think part of the problem is that most of the larger companies work with generalities and are more worried about having a high margin and moving product then making sure the customers get the most performance they can. It can be seen due to many websites no longer having info on old or retired products or lines. Wish there was a data base that had all technical info (not reviews or videos), for every piece of equipment out there. Would be a great resource.

Silver Member

Post Number: 662
Denim,

Funny you should say about a database for subwoofer technical info. When first started this business back in 95' and needing the info I requested, I had floated the idea around various forums of a technical resource database for subwoofers which I was willing to put on my website.

No one wanted to contribute let alone be bothered with providing such information in which to create it.

So, I have my own database of info collected and when I get more detailed info on the subwoofer physical spec's, I just add it to the database.

Some subwoofer companies do provide such detailed info about their subs, but, ergo my rant, some don't and I don't like wasting time or others folks time to obtain it.

What's gives me the case of the red azz is when a product such as a subwoofer is built based off engineering design blueprints which only the relevant dimensional info can be posted.

Best example of this the Rockford Fosgate:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/MrCabinetry/Various%20Pics/SubwooferSpecs Example.jpg

Everything right there, no need to look any further or hound anyone at the company for info.

If more detailed info about the subs dimensions are needed, just use the subwoofer to note what additional info is needed and they can get it from the blueprints.

And any company that doesn't have the engineering design blueprints of their product, well, that's just dumb.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 20775
mad props to you phil for trying to provide the best customer service possible. others would just build it without trying to find the exact specs of the sub. meaning as long as they have the cutout then that is all they need.

Silver Member

Post Number: 663
Yanks,

Dude, I'm sorry to say that I can't do anything with the design of the enclosure that will allow the amps and the enclosure to look like one integrated install.

It's basically a problem of the enclosure requirements with the ports needed, the size of the subwoofer and size of the amps.

I should of did a full detailed measurement layout of the rear area when we were at the meet and i should of taken pic's as well.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4384
just curious phil hows my box coming along? just wondering not being pushy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us