Sub warranty again. New equipment soon hopefully.

Silver Member
Username: Charlesbhs

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 557
well they gave me a faulty rl-s again, so i told mike i was thinking of changing my setup so he told me if i wanted when i send the rl-s back in they could send me one or more of there other products... so i think i'm going to buy a few things from them (rl-s worth 450 so im thinking of giving them a bit more money then that so lets say the price range is 500-550 might flex). I calculated that i might be able to fit a box in there dimensions: 29" width 15" tall and 21" depth... when i took away -1.5" off each measurement to include the 3/4 wood i ended up with 4.25 cubic ft net.... so what do you guys suggest? i get. i'm gonna keep my tantrum untill i get money saved up for a better amp. so let's say 1200 rms @ 2/4 ohms but i wanna have some headroom with the sub(s) for when i get a better amp.

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 558
hmm maybe the rl-p 18" in 4 cubicft sealed

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5742
I personally don't like the RL-P, so I would just go with the Rl-S again. Maybe a 15 this time?

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 559
is that the only answer i can get?

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 560
is that the only answer i can get?c can i get a few more oppionions on the rl-p? i was also thinking about getting a new 12" sent back to me, then selling it bnib to buy a different sub.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 5035
Heh, he agreed with me :-) .. I'd get the 15" rls or sell yours and try out something else

I know its a hassle but in the long run if your happy thats all that would have mattered.. trade it for an 04/05 RE XXX + cash :-) ... unless you don't like the way they sound :-(

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 561
hey kevin where can i find the specs on the XXX 04/05?? and what size box and tuned to what would u suggest?

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 5037
I run mine in 4^3ft @ 34hz .. if you want to leave that as a reference to how it sounded to you..

3.5-4.0 cubic feet tuned between 30-34hz depending on preference.. lower if you want to.. or run it sealed. I only gained 1.3dB going ported but of course this eD nine.1 does not do as much as my old M1 and the box design I have to run is not the best, but it sounds great :-)

Upload

Silver Member

Dallas, Tx USA

Post Number: 562
This is the box design i got for putting a XXX in my car tuned to 32hz

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f92/RyanM923/RandomBoxDesigns/REXXX34ft3at34hz .png
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us