Off Topic but others are closed JL vs Infinity 6X9

Bronze Member
Username: Tafkam

Dayton, Oh

Post Number: 49
Sorry to post in the wrong section but the others seem to be down for maintainance but quick ? anyway. Can anyone tell me how the JL audio line of 6.5 componants or 6x9 speakers compare to the Infinity Line? I am thinking of Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.5 componants and the 6x9 three way Kappa, compared to the JL VR690-CXi / 6x9 and TR650-CSi / 6.5" Component. Any advice? Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Demigod33

Post Number: 23
infinity perfect tweeter are loud, period, i have 6x9-rear in my accord and two-way infinity 4" in the front. and they are loud and clear.

neg - they pick-up alot of sound you normally dont hear. you will need a amp to power this system

jl - are just as clear, but tweeter dont force you to turn them down on some songs....amp is needed hear too.....

for the record yeah im DEAF!! audiobahn baby

but damn kappa scream and hurt my ears, must take me $2000 earing aid out

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 263
Audiobahn sucks a$$. 6x9's aren't very good for sound quality. You're better making an adapter and putting 6.5" Midbasses back there, or just not running any rear speakers. You don't want treble coming from behind you, it's not a good soundstage. Kappa Perfects are very good components and do have strong tweeters. They get very loud, will keep up with almost any sub out there if powered with the full 100W RMS. I recommend against putting them close to your ears, such as in A pillars, because the tweeter is so bright. Mount them closer to the woofer and you'll probably be happier, and get better sound quality. If you go JL, don't put TR components up front and VR coax. in the back, the TR's are their lower line while you'd be putting the VR's (the higher line) in the back. Same as I said before, save the money and put VR components up front and forget rear fill. JL's have a softer sound than the Infinity's.

Unregistered guest
I have the JL TR-690-TXi 6x9's and I am very impressed with them. Clear sound, great response, great bass. I havent heard the Infinities, but after hearing the qaulity of the JL's I will definitelly stick to their products in the future, no complaints from me!

Bronze Member
Username: Tafkam

Dayton, Oh

Post Number: 51
thanks everybody
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us