Comp speakers and amp to power them

Robert J
Unregistered guest
Guys i'm not looking for something great wright now but i don't wont it to stand out like a sore thumb. I Have a 7897 Aline HU and and alpine v12 amp to power my Brahma and i have stock equetment for my mids and highs and i am tired of how they sound. i'm looking to get rid of the stock alpine amp because i know nothing about it and it is 9 years old. so i need a new amp and i need 2 new comp 5.25 inch speakers for the front and i'm not going to get any for the rear, i'll just disconnect the factory ones and leave the tweeters hooked up because those to are comps.

Just so you know i don't have a big buget for this like i did for the rest of the system because i only plan on using them for the rest of college(1 year). I was wondering if JBL GTO is any good, i found a set on ebay for $37 that is the size i need. also would it matter to much if i used a lightning bolt amp or a sony like what you get from best buy.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3355
Keep the alpine V12 amp. very good amplifier.
age doesn't mean anything in this field. I have some amps made in 1990 that I'd put up against almost anything out now short of Zapco.

As for components, look at CDT Classics, or Infinity Kappa Perfects.
If this will be your entire system above the subs, go with the best separates you get afford to choose.
MB Quart and Focal are good choices, too.
There are several good ones out there.. best to audition them first.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3356
as for Lightning and Sony.. *vomit*
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us