Amps for the Components, take a look

Bronze Member
Username: Jamtochristian

Penn State , Pennsylvania USA of course!

Post Number: 26
Here is the concern and problem I am having. I can't decide what to do for powering Infinity Perfect 6.1 speakers. I am installing two sets into my 97 Mazda 626. Right now I have a Kenwood KAC-7201 amp, which can put out about 150 RMS, which will be enough to power the 100 RMS of the PERF 6.1s. I am either looking to buy another one of these Kenwood amps, or get rid of the one I have and I'm looking for a recommendation on either 2 2ch amps to replace it with in the range of 115-150 watts per channel @4 ohms, or if someone could recommend me a descent 4 CH amp that would get about that per channel at 4 ohms I would consider that also. Someone please recommend me an amp!!!, or do I just get another Kenwood like the one I have? Please consider cost into your recommendation, but understand that I am NOT a tight wad. Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3342
Kicker KX800.4
it's 100w x 4 @ 4 ohms.
excellent amplifier. Far better than anything Kenwood offers.
All over eBay for $185 US, new in box.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
With this amp only having 100W RMS will this be too close to Clipping for me to really RUN these speakers? Even though its probably not best to run the speakers higher than 100RMS anyway?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
Also, do you think it is unwise to get a refurbished one?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3347
refurbished is fine and that amp will give the speakers all the power they're rated to accept.
it'll get damned loud.
set the high pass filters on the amp to about 150Hz for the components so they don't bottom out.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
I haven't got the new components JUST yet, but that Kicker amp is on the way. thanks, I'll let ya know how it works out.

Bronze Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 58
Should have gotten this one. This will give you 200X2 at 2 ohms which is what those speakers will be wired at.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18796&item=5703161403&rd= 1

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
Actually the speakers would've been wired at 4 ohms, besides, I don't need 200 watts going to these components.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us