Help...

Unregistered guest
Yo all,

I need some help, see, my dad bought these 15" MTX road thunder subs like in 1992, and now he's forgotten how to wire the subs up. I would like to know what Amp would be suitable to pump these babies to their max? My dad used to have it connected to 2 Kenwood Amps and to another 658 Battery to power it, but it didn't output that well. So if any of you have any ideas, please post. I just got my Skyline, and I'm really excited to shuv these subs in, so please respond A.S.A.P.

Thanks.

SuprNovaX

Anonymous

Do you know the RMS wattage of them.

SuprNovaX
Unregistered guest
1000W Each Speaker.

Anonymous

that is the peak wattage RMS is prolly about 200-500 and are they in a ported box are sealed box.

SuprNovaX
Unregistered guest
No, they're open, I've always had it like that, I don't want to use a box though, just to connect it up freely. I just want to know a brilliant amp for it, the price don't matter.

Anonymous

also are they DVC subs or SVC subs.

Anonymous

this amp should be good if they are SVC subs just bridge the 1/2 channels and the 3/4 channels.

http://www.acaraudio.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=30&products_id=642

SuprNovaX
Unregistered guest
Shot, I owe you one dude. Another thing, what brand altogeter is better? Is it rockford, or Pioneer, Or Kenwood etc...

Anonymous

it really depends on how much you want to spend.
some good brands would be Kicker, JL Audio, Adire, JBL ect. Rockford is ok I like their older products better then their new ones. Pioneer makes pretty good head units but thats about it. and Kenwood you want to STAY AWAY FROM.

SuprNovaX
Unregistered guest
Like I said before, price ain't a problem. So MTX is good then?

Anonymous

MTX is a OK brand. Lot of better brands out there. If you really want some good spl and sq you should get a adire shiva and a JBL 600.1 amp and you would be set up. The shivas get some real good lows and they just sound plain out great.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3344
you shouldn't be running subs free-air like that.
there's no damping and you'll destroy them.
besides, they'll sound lousy that way regardless of the amp you use.
the box has a huge effect on how the subs will sound.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us