This forum needs to be deleted from the internet

This Place Sucks
Unregistered guest
I have been reading some of these topics here and some of you people are just plain @ssholes. Why do people here talk sh!t about someones system if they say they have legacy, sony, or any cheap brand? Any of you ever think that maybe not all people want to waste there money on a names like JL or Kicker. Why can't you people act like adults. This is supposed to be a place for people to get help with their car audio not to get cussed out cause they have a system that you people don't like. Gees

Happy but not happy
Unregistered guest
I agree, just because some of us have *cheap* equipment dosn't mean we should quote "Chuck it away and buy a better system" just help out with the problem and if Necessary just say "the amp or sub etc needs to be replaced because of serious reasons" not because its a sony or boss or legacy etc. I posted question on this message board last year and instead of just answering the question I had 5 replies saying "buy a better amp!", well I fixed the problem and I am now very happy with my sound. Also people judge systems on sound quality and people are always saying "oh this sub sounds distorted dont buy it because I said so", well I have an entire Boss system and I like it the way it is, I spent $500.00+ on it and I have only had 1 problem so far, that distortion in the bass is very hard to notice once the high and mid range speakers are on. I understand some pro's on this message board own or work for car audio stores I've gotten the impression from some replies to questions that some are using sales techniques I hear all the time in stores eg "always trying to get the customer to spend more". Oh well, just remember some people arnt profesionals like some of you and dont really take note of sound quality too much because where to busy enjoying our music. Keep up the good work

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3339
Maybe bevause the people start the thread with "what do you think about my system?"
Well, I tell them.
The other reason we'll tell you that your gear is crap is simple. That usually IS the problem with your system.

If you can't handle someone's opinion, maybe you should just cancel your net connection and stay home.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 640
we're not crappin on your threads guys mostly just suggesting better equipment for a little more cash and JBL, adire and few others offer these alternatives

well, those of us who do know car audio stuff

ill agree theres a bunch of little pr!cks who do talk crap and ill admit ive dont it before but i havent in a loooonnng time

and if you like what yer hearing, why would you listen to other people crappin on your system? as long as you guys like what you hear in yer car, thats all that matters...

Anonymous

Glass no disrespect to you but I have had Kicker CompVRs and to really be honest I didn't like them as much as I should have. Everyone here said get kickers get kickers so I got kickers and I wasn't very happy with them. Then I asked about Adire Shivas everyone said get them so I tried them. I still have them and they are great. But the reason I posted this was because before I got the kickers and the Shivas I had 2 audiobahn subs. I was wanting to get a better amp for them and I will tell one thing I wish I would have never asked that I thought World War 3 had just started. I just don't understand what the big freaking deal is. If someone ask a simple question why not act like the adults that we are and answer the question in an adult manor instead of acting like little kids fighting over candy.

Robert J
Unregistered guest
I have a question for anonymous, what was the other option aside compvrs, and was there a budget at the time you asked this question. And why were you not satisfied.

Anonymous

There were no other options everyone just said get kickers so thats what I got. And no there wasn't a budget cause I have a job so I just buy one or two pieces at a time until I got what I want. I wasn't satisfied with the kickers cause I had them hooked up to a JBL 600.1 and I had the audiobahns hooked to the same amp before them and they hit harder then the kickers. I'm very happy with the shivas I have now though so I guess that is the important thing.

Bronze Member
Username: Germanguy

Post Number: 35
I agree that it's not nessesary to spend money on kicker and JL if you're not "really" into car audio. But also JL has a low budget line.

Of course it is possible to just spend 300$ total and have everything set for your 5mins ride to work and back.
But some want a little bit more and ask what is the best value for my money and they can aprox. spend 500$.
That is a pain in the a$$, because that is the tricky thing. Yes, you can buy the Sony Amp, JVC HU etc. and end up with not spending more than 500$. Then you think you are set. But let me tell you you are not. Because then you start to realise, that you just spend 500! of your hard earned for a system that "just" sound good. Don't get me wrong, the system does sound good compared to stock, but not very good with all the details and nothing I would spend 500$ for just to have a compromise. If you would have spend some more time in reasearching other options you would have realised that another few hundred $ total would have given you another dimension of sound that would have given you a very good feeling every time you turn on that stereo. the craftsmanship is higher quality as well and you also have the feeling of handling real value in your car, something that makes you smile just looking at it, not to mention listen to it. Therefor the satisfaction will last very long, if not this is the system you ever wanted and you don't need more probably ever. But let me tell you, a 300$ system will end up in your mums car or on ebay one day and you just wasted the cash, but earned another experience of better ask somebody who knows about it. And I'm not talking sales people, nor professional reviews, because in most cases advice of those scources is not in your interest.

Some then really get into the art of it and ask, ok, what can I do better than very good. And when it comes to excellent stuff you will learn fast, it's not just going to wal mart and get it. it's an investment to spend over 1.000$ for an amp. and you wanna make sure it's one of the best, from a brand name you trust and maybe later potential buyers trust, in case you have to sell it one day.

But realise when you ask people in this board, you are talking to people who are used to very good sound and strive for excellent sound. And if you show some interest in this car audio thing and show up on this board, one may think, oh, he wants the best value for his money instead of just going to circuit city and get it.

So nobody wants to send you to misery by recommending any 300$ total Sony system. because then you will just stand in line selling your system like thousand others on ebay, telling: ohh, its really great, I just have to sell it because my new car is too small....do you believe it.....

anyway, just take this advice: if you want good sound in your car you MUST spend at least 1000$, doesn't matter what brand you pick. 500$ is possible as a compromise if you want good sound, but it's not that important to you as for example a good stereo system in your house. If you want to spend even more, than you are in fact into car audio and you should spend some more time on several audio boards to get an overview. anything below, a super sale for 300$, do it but don't say you were not warned.

p.s.: I had a sony HU before myself, as well as a sony amp. my front speakers were rated best of the low budget line. my subwoofer was a very good rated no name brand. and when I bought all that, I thought wow, that must be my system for 500$. And I thought at this time 500$ is already a lot of money to spend. The sound was good, people who just have stock sound in their car said, wow, nice sound in your car. but that's it, it's nice on the first impression when you are used to stock. But sound quality and long lasting sensational experience is not found in this price region. And listening to it every day, let you find many bugs from song to song. It was still good for short trips, but nothing close to a concert atmosphere when listening live CD's. So I sold it to get another system. This time I would not make the same mistake again.
I admit, it hurt. It hurt a lot to spend that much for just a stereo. But then, it was like I have never ever really heard a good stereo in my whole live. That was it. There was I in the middle of it in this wonderful new world of unbelievable sound. Unfortunately some people will never experience what good sound is and how it feels, because they think it's freak stuff. Now being in my car is more then just going somewhere, it's like, oh damn, already there?

bla bla
Unregistered guest
bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla

bla

bla

bla

bla

bla

bla

bla

bla

bla

bla

bla

bla

bla bla

bla

bla

bla

bla

bla bla

bla

bla bla

bla

bla

bla

bla

bla

bla

bla

bla

Anonymous

Shut the f*ck up Idiot.

uberfiend
Unregistered guest
bla bla

bla

bla

bla

bla

bla

bla

bla

bla

bla

bla bla bla

bla

bla

bla

bla

bla bla

bla

bla

bla

bla

bla

bla bla

bla

woooo hooooo... bla bla bla

Bronze Member
Username: Jiggaman3105

Post Number: 13
ok bla, ur a fuckiin fagit for doin that. judt for that u dont even belong on this site or anything near close to the subject. those were true words spoken, and once again, an opinion. so jus stay the fuckk back

Crackhead idiot
Unregistered guest
KID LEAVE THE D@MN CRACK ALONE SO YOU CAN SAVE WHAT LITTLE SINCE YOU HAVE

LOL at idiot boy
Unregistered guest
you mean sence, who's the crackhead? LOL fuking muppet, haha ROFL.

Anonymous

no idiot I meant cents d@mn kids. nothing better to do since school is out.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3343
Anon, Kickers are good subs for the money, given you have the right amplifier, and the right box for your tastes and your car.
That's always a major factor.
Glad you like the Shivas. Keep in mind that speakers are subjective though, so in the end it's always best to go audition a set before buying them anwyay.

If you weren't happy because the Kickers weren't as loud, and all you were after is SPL, then that's one thing, but the SQ of the CompVRs are better tahn the Audiobahns, and the subs will last longer.. but quality over quantity isn't everyone's goal.
Those Shivas again though, are quality subs, too.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us