Best bet??

Username: Palumbo27

Jacksonville, FL USA

Post Number: 1
Ok , I'm new here, and I'm on my 3rd system in my truck...Which is not in it. I am looking for something I will finally be happy with. I have a '93 K2500 ex. cab truck that I am working on. I am looking at 2 JL 10w3s right now. I know JL is good, are there any other brands that will equal it and be better priced? I have heard great things about Memphis too. What would you reccomend for an amp? w3 or w0? They will be in a custom box under the seat, 1.9 cu ft of air space per sub. Looking for loud but not crazy. Must be tight, i'm sick of crummy sounding bass. I'm an avid ebayer so thats where my equip will be coming from most likely.

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 197
Stick with the JL's and get a Rockford AMP they make a great combo. I also am a Avid Ebayer, i'm sure you already know that if your looking for JL on ebay and the price is very low (almost to good to be true) than it is to good to be true. JL is pricy and they dont come cheap anywhere. I would say 1 12" sub (w0) for around 130 to 100 dollars.

Jacksonville, FL USA

Post Number: 3
I have found a good deal on a Memphis amp on ebay, 500x2 (of course I am awarea that its actual output is only going to be 150 max RMS). Is that enought to drive two 10w3s or should I stick w/W0s?

Anonymous

why not get a Adire Shiva and a JBL600.1? (345 total) and that will be a system that will LAST and it will hit hard.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 270
A W0 for 100-130 is a ripoff on E-bay. They retail for a little over 100. for 150 W RMS, W0's are better. Is that max bridged RMS? Or is that for each channel?

Jacksonville, FL USA

Post Number: 4
I don't actually know, i have not been able to find real specs on the amps I am looking at. Where can I find info on the Adire subs? I've never heard of them until I found this site. I would like to go w/the W3s if I can figure out what they want to drive them...System must sound clear and tight, but also have boom..I listen to alot of trance, dance, drum+bass, moderen rock and alittle r&b/rap.

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 286
I'd definatly get Adire Shivas over JL W0's. They're $125 each shipped, and sound soooo much better. Push them with either a JBl 600.1 or a 1200.1. They can take 1200+ RMS, but the 600.1 will push them pretty close to max excursion if you don't want 1200 W or don't want to spend the extra bucks.

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 287
By the way, Shiva's work really well with 1.5 and above for under your rear seat, just make sure it can fit 12's.

Jacksonville, FL USA

Post Number: 5
These will be 10s...no room for 12s, the box will have 2 10s that will be front firing.

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 291
Really, Adire Audio's only other car audio sub is the Brahma, retails over 300. They come in 10 and are better than the Shiva, but need a lot more power. Image Dynamics ID Max are fantastic 10's, but still costly. JL W0's and Kicker comp VR's are good if you're sticking in the $100 per sub price range.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us