Need a good amp

Username: Squals368

Pittsburgh, PA

Post Number: 2
I have a 12 inch alpine type R sub 1,000 watt peak, 300 watt rms. Any suggestions on a good amp to make this hit nice and hard?

Bronze Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 19
Ported or sealed box.

Anonymous

A kicker KX350.2 bridged will do the job for you.

Bronze Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 22
anonymous you sure dont seem to know too much about car audio. How are you gonna recommend an amp if you dont know what kind of box he is running. If hes running ported I bet that amp doesnt have a SS filter on it which you will need. Some of your responses have been off the wall sometimes.

Username: Squals368

Pittsburgh, PA

Post Number: 3
the box i have is a box and sub combo that i got from alpine.com. 12" Compound Reflex Subwoofer Box 2ohm (4ohm + 4ohm)

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 260
"Some of your responses have been off the wall sometimes."
Just thought that was funny, since you're referring to someone thats listed anonymous. Mike, is the sub DVC 4 ohm or DVC 2 ohm? If it is DVC 4 ohm, a JBL 300.1 would be good. If it's DVC 2 ohm, get a 2 channel with 300RMS bridged. Doesn't really matter if the amp has a subsonic filter if the box is ported, you can get an F-Mods subsonic filter and that'll solve that problem.

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 261
Sorry, you beat me to the post. A JBL 300.1 should be good, not sure what that box is tuned to, but you can look on the website or instructions and look for an F-mods subsonic filter to match it and it will solve that problem.

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 262
http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?&DID=7&WebPage_ID=3
20 hz high pass should work for that box.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us