Ported Box help

Bronze Member
Username: Mfgirbaud05

Post Number: 36
ok i just ordered a Ported box off of ebay for $60 which has 1.5 cubic feet per chamber. u can see it at

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5702442281&sspagename=STRK%3A MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

but i order two Rockford Fosgate RFD2212 subs which require 1.75-4.0 cubic feet. so u think my box would be good enough for those subs. if not what can i do to my box to make it sound better ?

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 198
It will all be good. You shouldnt worry. 0.2 CU FT shouldnt make a huge differance at all. Nice choice for subs. Rockford is great.

i know nothing
Unregistered guest
yea my antique rockfords out bump my dads new sony explodes he has a 1000 watt amp and i got a 60 watt jensen rockfords rule!!

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 207
I am with you, RF has the sound and the quality control. I am not saying there better than JL though. Never heard kicker.

Bronze Member
Username: Redskin

LondonEngland

Post Number: 50
Oh no not more subs going into boxes that are way to small. Prepare for boomy one note bass without any low end.

Bronze Member
Username: Mfgirbaud05

Post Number: 40
so its going to sound like sh1t then ? what box do u think i would have the most bass in ?

anonymous1
Unregistered guest
You could try stuffing some polyfill in the box before you mount the subs, should help with the box size being too small. Just don't block the port.

Bronze Member
Username: Jayj

Post Number: 21
anonymous you don't stuff a ported box unless you want trouble. You can say some STUPID stuff in these posts why don't you go some where else and post that junk you call help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us