Question(s) for all

Bronze Member
Username: Bruhneedluv2

Post Number: 23
If there was never a thing such as name brand car audio components, would you focus more on the tech specs of the equipment or the looks?

Also, let's be honest here: is there anyone in here who truthfully buy components for SOLELY FOR HIS/HER OWN PLEASURE AND NOT FOR THE PURPOSE OF SHOWING THEIR FRIENDS WHAT THEY HAVE?

I believe that everyone has fallen suspect to "Ooooh, look at what I have in my car." If you haven't, then you are not human. I guess when it is all said and done, buy what you can and enjoy it. The last time I checked, car audio pieces are just like clothes: you get tired of them and want more (not the latest trend), outgrow them and want more (not loud enough as if you really need help becoming deaf over time), or you simply don't have a use for it any longer (like that lucky pair of shoes that got you through college). when it is all said and done, none of the high end guys have to put up with the crap that you love so much and can dis it all they like and you don't have to save up and spend your hard earned money to sound like them and can use your money for other things like...........oh, how about food and rent. If you have the money to waste, uh I mean spend, then do it and make yourself go woody from it. If you can't, then get what you can to enhance your listening tastes.

Last thing, if anyone is going for LOOKS as far as amps, get volfenhag amps with the black chrome. If you want cheap, but great quality go JBL. I finally heard one and through some pioneer 12" and it is worth the money. Peace.

Anonymous

I buy my products by reading the specs not to show off to friends unless they just want to play around with who has the loudest system. And I know from hearing alot of systems that Volfenhag is NOT the way to go.
If you want looks get audiobahn they are BETTER then volfenhag crap.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 241
I always looked at specs, but I'm 35 and when I was younger we didn't have a lot of car audio to pick from, not like today, anyway. It's much more popular today and there's more technology to choose from. I never got into the looks of a car's system, I'm a gearhead that would much rather see a blown 1000+ hp V8 than a tuner car with vinyl graphics, tacky paint colors, and inverted subs showing off chrome baskets. To each his own. I'm also one who watched big brand names develop. Infinity was a big thing in the 80's (and still good now), also Rockford Fosgate was still excellent (now are declining), JL Audio came out in the late 80's, but weren't that big yet (now they're one of the top names in car audio). Basically, the more I learned about amplifier and speaker technology and what affects the sound and output of the total system, the more I dug into the details to check everything out. Most lower end companies like Volfenhag, Legacy, etc., don't even list technical specs, they just put a peak power rating on the dust cap of a sub and expect people to eat it up.

Bronze Member
Username: Bruhneedluv2

Post Number: 24
Naugh, Volfenhag actually lists the specs on the box and in the pamphlet that comes with it; I have the ZX7180 and it lists all the tech specs, so you know wht you are getting. Also, I did not pay much for my amp, $149 with shipping. I like a classic look with a touch of flare: old style VU meters with the chrome case. Im 28 so we are not that far from each other when it comes to car audio (age range) and yet we are due to the fact you own a shop and I don't. As far as audiobahn goes, they are an okay lower level who jack up the prices, called price positioning. Basically I just want to dress my trunk up with some "decent" (notice the quotations) components and enjoy them. It is easy to get the best of the best and say you have a good system. but I have been searching other forums and websites and was told that a well-planned, less costly system can sound just as good or better than the well-planned, expensive system. Honestly, people can say everyone sucks for what they have and/or how much they paid for it. when it is all said and done we get older and will probably sell it anyway!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us