Question(s) for all

Bronze Member
Username: Bruhneedluv2

Post Number: 23
If there was never a thing such as name brand car audio components, would you focus more on the tech specs of the equipment or the looks?

Also, let's be honest here: is there anyone in here who truthfully buy components for SOLELY FOR HIS/HER OWN PLEASURE AND NOT FOR THE PURPOSE OF SHOWING THEIR FRIENDS WHAT THEY HAVE?

I believe that everyone has fallen suspect to "Ooooh, look at what I have in my car." If you haven't, then you are not human. I guess when it is all said and done, buy what you can and enjoy it. The last time I checked, car audio pieces are just like clothes: you get tired of them and want more (not the latest trend), outgrow them and want more (not loud enough as if you really need help becoming deaf over time), or you simply don't have a use for it any longer (like that lucky pair of shoes that got you through college). when it is all said and done, none of the high end guys have to put up with the crap that you love so much and can dis it all they like and you don't have to save up and spend your hard earned money to sound like them and can use your money for other things like...........oh, how about food and rent. If you have the money to waste, uh I mean spend, then do it and make yourself go woody from it. If you can't, then get what you can to enhance your listening tastes.

Last thing, if anyone is going for LOOKS as far as amps, get volfenhag amps with the black chrome. If you want cheap, but great quality go JBL. I finally heard one and through some pioneer 12" and it is worth the money. Peace.

ThePro
Unregistered guest
Dude, you have issues. I would consider professional assistance.

Anonymous

yea dude, ease off man.

Bronze Member
Username: Bruhneedluv2

Post Number: 25
If you got a million dollars to let me have that is all the professional assistance I need. Otherwise, I am having fun with this.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 631
well id rather go with performance..

adire audio shivas are a great example - they arent much for eye candy but they are an extreme treat for your ears...and wallet :-)

RLR
Unregistered guest
Hey everbody bruhneedluv2 is right people out there just buy it cause they want to be better than everbody else. As for me I know i do not got the best system in the world but for the 400 dollars i put into it its just as good as enbody elses. Yeah i know the rush you get when your the center of attention and people turn there heads when your out crusin with your system up. But you guys trash people for having stuff that you thinks sucks but can probably beat yor system hands down. Everbodys diss my boss amp and volf subs. You guys say kicker is the sh1t but i out thumped two kickers with my two volfs. You guys just lighten up and let people have fun with there system.

Anonymous

RLR come out thump my 2 JL 13W7s. If you think that systems kicks

RLR
Unregistered guest
Hey anonymous did you even read the rest of the post i had. your a prime example of what i m talking about. Yeah your JL would out thump my volfs but do you think i give a flying freak no because i like my system and im night to immature to admit that your speakers are better. Just grow up.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 256
I wasn't ever into the looks of a system, but I'm 35 and in the early 80's car audio wasn't as much of a commodity as it is now, and in the 80's you definately didn't have that many flashy speakers, just business. That's why I never cared about the looks. Truthfully I could care less what everybody else thinks about me or my system as long as I'm happy. As long as a system performs to my expectations(which I must admit are pretty high), that's all I ask of it. The technology is great now, but there are so many choices that it's difficult to choose, but one benefit is that most manufacturers list specs, primarily Thiele-Small parameters, for those who know what to look for. I encourage anyone serious about car audio to research what these parameters mean and learn what to look for, it is very informative and will give you great knowledge (also will prevent you from buying a dud :-)) I learned through an Associates in Electronics Technology and researching what affects the way a speaker sounds, also through experiences with different brands, setups, tuning, etc.

Bronze Member
Username: Artofaccuracy

Post Number: 13
how the hell do u know if u 'outthump' someone. obviously the sound of ur bass is going to be louder if your in your own car, and the same for the other person. i dont understand the concept of system contests

Bronze Member
Username: Rswan

Post Number: 84
hey jonathan what exactly is theile-small parameters?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us