Could use some amp advice

Username: Steven2

Post Number: 1
Hey everyone...

I have about 180-200 to spend on a new amp, ive been looking around for a while, but would still like your oppinion on a good amp.

What im looking for is a 2 chan amp, that does around 200ish per chan, about 400ish bridged. The subs i use now are 250, but im wanting to go to a 15inch kicker in the future thats around 400 rms.

Thanks!

Anonymous

Here is a good one it will work fine for what you want to do.

http://www.acaraudio.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_37&products_id=312

Username: Steven2

Post Number: 2
sweet, thanks man, that should work fine!

Sulli
Unregistered guest
I need some help with choosing an amp and with the box. I have an Infinity kappa 12.1 perfect? I think (350rms) I am buiding a box, and Infinity suggests 1cfeet of air space, but I have room for a little more, will this make it any deeper, or should I just go with their specifications.
Also... I talked to a bunch of guys and they said you can the sub can easily handle 500 watts continously or more. What kind of amp should I be looking at?

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 101
Steven:

I would look at a jbl 600.1. That will give you a little more then your looking for. The higher wattage will allow you to run your gains lower and run cooler. Also you will have the extra power if you wanna upgrade later on.

Sulli:

Well if you got the svc version you can run that subs at 4 ohms. Getting a good amount of power at 4 ohms is gonna be pretty tricky but can be done. I would look at a jbl 1200.1 which will give you 600 rms at 2 ohms. It will be more then enough but make sure you have enough power and could keep your gains low.

If you got the dvc 4 ohm then I would get the jbl 600.1 which will give you 600 rms at 2 ohm and like I said above you will be fine. Just make sure to keep your gains low.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us