What's the best?

Username: Chriscarpenter

Post Number: 4
I know there are a lot of opinions here, which is what I'm looking for. What, in your opinion, is the best available of each of the following?

-Head unit
-Components
-Subs
-Amp

Right now I've got a 1991 Jeep Cherokee with a Kenwood 45x4 HU powering Pioneer Elite 6x9s in the back and 5.25s in the front. Along with that I've got a 900 watt Fosgate amp powering two 10" Fosgate Punch subs. I've got a buddy who tells me I should go all Fosgate, for everything, however, I wanted to check with this board first, since you've always given good advice.

Anyhow, let me know what you think is the best.

Anonymous

Go to www.epinions.com and read reviews on products and go from there.

anon
Unregistered guest
what exactly do you want to buy/keep... itll make a difference... what amp is it that runs 900 for RF? and i think for the money you spend on punch stuff... its pretty badass. ive seen a punch 100 run a 12in punch sub... well! dont get as fosgate deck tho... TERRIBLE.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3319
there is no one "best" of anything.

Bronze Member
Username: Kenwa

Post Number: 12
You have to let people know what kind of sound you are looking for and what you are willing to spend. also glasswolf is right, there is no specific best, some brands are better than others in one field but not in others, it just depends

Bronze Member
Username: Jiggaman3105

Post Number: 11
just go jl w7's for ur subs, jl slash series for ur amps, and jl zr component series for ur highs and mids. and for the best possible sound quality and features, get an eclipse cd8454 or cd 8053 for the head unit. in my opinion, this is jus the best. very pricy but the best.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 644
im gonna disagree with you on that JL setup jose - good, but not the best

-eclipse, clarion, alpine or pioneer premiere head unit
-CDT, MB quart or infinity kappa perf components
-w7's, brahma, eclipse titaniums, stroker (spl), diamond audio, ED, DD, MMats, list goes on
-Zapco amps, McIntosh, JL amps

so many different setups you can make chris..

Bronze Member
Username: Jiggaman3105

Post Number: 14
yea, i just put up the top of my list, but the several top, similar to ur list bacon...

-eclipse, premier, not alpine becuase of its cost effectiveness.
-jl xr or zr components, focal utopias, eclipse, arc audio components, Diamond comp. components.
-JL w7's, eclipse titaniums, diamond audio, PG, and yes the list does go on. subwoofers have a broad range of specifications which can only be sorted out through the buyers needs.
-for amps, it JL slash series of course, ARC AUDIO, PG, Diamond, and yea.

Bronze Member
Username: Maxkilla

Malta

Post Number: 32
In My opinion I Would do these sweet system ...

Head Unit - Eclipse or Alpine
Components - Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1
Subwoofer - Image Dynamics IDMAx v3
Amplifiers - Sound Stream, Zapco or JL

Cannot say what is the best, but you can say that the sound is nice any will keep lasting your over 10 years ....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us