2what to buy

Username: Daven

Post Number: 5
I have about 200 to spend on a good new 2 chan amp, any sudjestions? I was looking at a amp at a local store from lighting audio, but i would like some sudjestions first.

Thanks.

Anonymous

well if you could provide some info like how many watts you need and what you will be pushing with it then that would help us decide what you need.

Post Number: 6
Well the sub is 250 rms, but im looking for something that could be used in a future system too.

Post Number: 7
ok a littel more info on reading up on the sub, its 250 rms, 4 ohm.

Anonymous

ok thats better. How big do you want your next system? Here is one that you could use but DO NOT bridge it cause you will blow that one sub. This one will give you room to add another sub and you would 440 out of it.

http://www.acaraudio.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_37&products_id=1151

Post Number: 8
wow, that looks just about perfect, thanks.

One question though, would this amp allow me to just hook speaker wire to it sence it will not be going threw a head unit?

Anonymous

You got to run RCA cables from the head unit. are the amp will not work. then you hook up your speaker wires after you have your power,remote,and ground wire hooked up

Post Number: 9
guess that one is out then, im not wanting to get rid of the factory head unit, i need one that will work with just the speaker wire.

Anonymous

NO amp works like that man. you got to have A piece that goes on the back of your radio and then you can hook up the RCA cables. You can get one at radio shack for about 20 bucks are so I forgot what that piece is called . just tell them what you want to do and they will get you that part. But like I said NO amp hooks up like that man if it was that easy no one would change their head units.

Anonymous

Cory I take it you don't know much about car audio? You should just go to a local audio shop and get them to take care of it for you. Cause you don't want to buy a new amp and blow it up the same day. Just get a professional to install that set up for you.

Post Number: 10
huh? i just asked this question and got a very diffrent answer...

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/46734.html

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
ok, so does anyone have any idea on what i should use?

someone
Unregistered guest
I know what you should use a professional car audio installer.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us