Power for my Infinity's

UberFiend
Unregistered guest
Im setting up 2 Infinity kappa 10' single voice coil subs in a sealed box, they're 275w RMS and 1100w peak @ 4-ohms. im not sure what to push them with or how to hook them up, Help?

Bronze Member
Username: Cainer

Camberley, Surrey England

Post Number: 85
ok first wire the subs in parallel so you can get a 2 ohm load on an amp..
next which amp? you need an amp that will put out 550-600w RMS at 2 ohms
how much are you prepared to spend on an amp uberfiend?

UberFiend
Unregistered guest
I was Hoping to Spend Less than $400

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
JBL amp with change to spare, but im not sure what ohms they are stable at (im sure somone will join in and tell you)
if they are stable at 1 ohm you need the JBL 1200.1 so that will give you 600w RMS at 2 ohms
if they are stable at 2 ohms then the JBL 600.1 will do the job as that would give you 600w RMS as well

Bronze Member
Username: Livinlow

Post Number: 22
JBL BP600.1 and BP1200.1 are both stable at 1 or 2 ohms. BP600.1 would be a nice choice with those subs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
if he wired the speakers in parallel he would get a 2 ohm load on the amp, thats as low as he can go isnt it? so the JBL 600.1 would only put out 300w RMS at 2 ohms i think so wouldnt he need the 1200.1 so it puts out 600w RMS at 2 ohms?
Glass?

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 212
The JBL 1200.1 puts out 1200 watts at 1 or 2 ohm. If you want 600 watts, you need the 600.1. It puts out 600W at 1 or 2 ohms. It's the circuitry in the amp that controls it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 92
ah.. ok, are many amps capable of doing that jonathan? i thought that it was a standard thing that if you half the ohm load on the amp you get twice the power
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us