Could someone help me

Anonymous

Hi I'm planning to buy pioneer premier TS-W5000spl 12 sub. The problem is this sub is 2000 watts RMS. I have looked and looked and can not find a 2000watt RMS amp. But I did find a rockford 1000.1 and a JL 1000/1. Could I buy 2 of these and hook each amp the one voice coil on each side?? Are would I be better off trying to get a 2000watt RMS amp if anyone knows where I can find one. Here are the specs on the sub.

http://www.speedsound.com/caraudio.asp?pg=products&specific=jrrmdoe4

Bronze Member
Username: Hairball

City of Angels

Post Number: 67
$900 retail price for a sub? Even at $419, I'm very sure you can spend less and get a much better sub.

Search threads in the sub section, find a better sub, for less, and you can use that JL 1000/1 amp to run two subs wired in parallel. or buy a smaller amp for just one sub.

Anonymous

I don't want another sub. I want that sub. I don't want people to tell me how to spend my money its my money and I can buy whatever I want with it. I just want to know if someone can answer my question not tell me to get another sub. I have very limited space in my truck so this is what I want. So can someone tell me what AMP I should use to get a 2000watt RMS.

Username: Thuglord

Post Number: 4
gets ur facts right first then look for the right amp.....cuzz ur lookin for apples in the lemon tree son

Anonymous

What do you mean get my d@mn facts stright. I have found 3 2000Watt RMS amplifiers. I just do not want a d@mn boss amp so any other opinions would be great from someone that knows what their talking about instead of idiots like the 2 that have posted here.

Joey
Unregistered guest
I have seen one of those subs run off of a 600 watt rms amp. It sound good off it. You put 2000 watts to it I bet it would burn the coils up. I don't care what the specs say. You don't need 2000 watts. Still, if that's what you want then maybe check into some Hifonics amps or Earthquake PHD2 amps. Little pricey though. The Earthquake PHD2 is 2000 rms.

Anonymous

I think it will hold it the guy that won last years DB drag had 115,200 watts going to 9 of them. they will hold it.

Dirty
Unregistered guest
far as I am concerned the sub will run nicely with the 1000 JL, no BS...also rf amps are ALWAYS under rated too, so that 1000 will probably run you 1200 RMS easily... just MAKE DAMN SURE you use at least a good 14V battery and the other extras(couple of caps, alt,etc...)the sub wont get ragged out...

Anonymous

Ok Dirty Thank you this was the answer I was wanting. once again thank you.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3318
batteries are 12.5 volts.
higher voltage comes from the alternator only, as the alternator has to produce a higher voltage than the battery in order to create a forward bias to recahrge the starter battery.

Now that said, remember that the power handling of that Pioneer sub is strictly a thermal rating for how much heat the coils can handle without damage.
It has nothing to do with how much power the sub requires to reach mechanical Xmax (maximum excursion.)
That sub should easily reach peak performance with a single JL Audio 1000/1 amplifier, which will deliver around 1400wRMS x 1.
Be sure you're using a good enclosure for the sub.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us