Recommend me a 2 way

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Http://www.rdaudio.net...

Post Number: 19432
ok this is the type of sound i am looking for.

i need a set that works well off axis. the tweeters can be bright or smooth as long as it has fine details.

now i am looking for a sound that just covers you. i listen to a lot of rock and jazz. some trance but not too much. i don't care how it sounds on hip hop cause i don't listen to it that much.

so in other words, i need mids that just sound heavy and deep with tweeters that scream at you with details.

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 487
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=4985

friend of mine has those on a alpine F354. gives them 75rms and they have got some of the best midbass ive heard from a 6.5" comp set. overall they are pretty impressive

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6055
interested in building a DIY set active?

if not i would check out rainbow germaniums

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19436
something to look at i guess mat.

but why would i want to do an active setup for the dynaudio? are the imaging that off with their provided xovers?

it does have +/- db for tweets so it should solve it.

one thing is for sure though. i should of never sold my focal utopias. i am an idiot.

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6057
no i mean build a set. that way you can pick the best mid and tweet for your application.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19440
oh i c. i was thinking of doing that. but thats a lot of time and money trying out stuff.

i am almost set on dynaudio 240 unless someone tells me that they are no good. lol.

man i wish i was just concerned with being loud again. at least back then i didn't pay too much attention to the highs. lol.

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 489
u had focal utopias????

AND SOLD THEM?!?!?!

Silver Member
Username: Exige

Cincinnati

Post Number: 187
i dont trust magazine reviews worth a damn....they're all paid for. but when a magazine gives a bad review, that's saying something. IIRC, CA&E gave Dyn 240's a pretty bad review about a year and half ago.

at the same time, i gotta think that Dyn tweeters might not be the sound you're aiming for.

Focal would probably be a good direction to go with since you don't mind the brightness. You had em, you liked em. Maybe Boston SPZ's? Tends to be on the brighter side...midbass has improved over the old Z6's.

What's your budget?

Silver Member
Username: Mrsq

California

Post Number: 215
why did you sell the focal utopia?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19446
i was getting tired of it i guess and was looking for something new. lol.

anyways i am thinking around 600 bux or less for a nice set.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19447
btw what do you guys think about the jl audio zr650?

also exige audio, glad you mentioned about the dynaudio tweets. the sales rep told me that the tweeter may not be for me also.

also what does it mean when they say "long throw motor"?

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6062
hey chad a good place to check out for speakers is diymobileaudio.com

Silver Member

Cincinnati

Post Number: 190
JL's not a bad set by any means, but I do wonder if the tweeters might also be a bit neutral for you. Depends who you ask, but I find the midbass on the ZR's a bit weak in comparison to other sets for the money.

I'd concentrate your attention on some of the brighter companies..BA, Quart, and Focal. BA and Focal primarily. Quart I personally don't like at all. Do you have a chance to demo? Focal K2P's vs. BA SPZ6's might be a nice comparison for your tastes.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19448
damn dude. thats what the sales person at the shop that sells jl audio also. lol. you know your speakers man.

its not that i am looking for bright sound but something that sounds very deep and balanced. i don't want the tweeter over powering the mid.

the ba you recomended seems good. this is going to be a tough choice.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19449
mat thanks for the link. that site has lots of useful info.

i am almost 90% on getting the boston accoustics.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19450
guys i found what i am looking for.

http://www.mobilesq.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=27_50_51_58&products_id=121

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19451
one more thing exige audio.

what do you think about me running a pair of cdt m6 for the rearfill. i would just run those full range with only around 55wrms each. i'll put them in the stock 6 x 9 location.

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6063
the dls look real nice. i wouldnt buy from them though. MO said a while back they sent him some treo stuff that was damaged or something like that.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19453
oh no mat. the shop that me and berny hang out at is also a dls dealer. ima get it cheaper than that site. i already told them to order it for me.

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6066
good deal

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19456
i was reading up on some comparisons on this forum. very nice info here.

btw they are talking about the irridiums. i was gonna go with the irridiums at first but the dls rep said i am better off with the ultimate UR6S. the irridiums lacks mid range a bit. unless i go with the irridium 3 ways, i am better off with the one i am getting.

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-visual-audio-discussion/32261-dls-iridium- 6-2-vs-focal-165k2p.html

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3588
Come on Chad you gotta step it up. Go with some high-end stuff like this:

SCAN-SPEAK REVELATOR 18W/4531G00 - 4ohms 7" 40-5k

Upload

SCAN-SPEAK D2904/6000-01 - 4 ohms 1.1" high output neo textile dome - 1000-20k

Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19457
lol yeah right man. lol. those look awesome though.

i should be happy with the dls. if not, then my quest continues.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19458
besides the dls i am getting looks very promising. i just downloaded the manual so i can get an idea. it really fits what i am looking for. hope it sounds good. i got my fingers crossed. lol.

Upload

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3589
Oh I didnt read your last post saying you were going with DLS. You know how I feel about that company. Good call.

About Scan-Speak: from Denmark, they make some of the best drivers in the world and 8 ohm versions very similar to the ones above are used in home audio speaker systems costing hundreds of thousands a pair. That system on some extreme quality homemade crossovers would sound incredible. One drawback is that the woofer needs more room than most car drivers so it would be best suited in a medium sized kick. The low/mid punch and smooth response of the Revelator 7 is simply amazing.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19459
thanks brad. i will keep that in mind for the future. these european guys know their speakers. scan-speak from denmark and dls from sweden.

european speakers ftw. lol.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 3590
No question about it. And in the pro sound low frequency and subwoofer market, the Italians have completely taken over the lead in the ultra high quality market with Eighteen Sound, RCF, B&C and Ciare all giving JBL, McCauley, and EV (the top USA companies) a run for their money and in many cases topping them. I have been testing and using their drivers for years and right now I am working on an extreme-output cabinets project for a couple home theaters. Going to use Eighteen Sound 15's and B&C 2" VC compression drivers on waveguide horns. 137dB full range

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6067
good call brad those are in my top choices for my next set up along with seas, and rainbow.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19460
damn that is going to be nice. you have alot of fun with sounds don't you. lol.

brad i might try out one of the scan-speak mid bass driver and put that on my rear dash. i think those might work well in a ib setup.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19461
this one.

http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=148&products_ id=1578

i can customize my rear deck with some fiberglass to hose these. the rms is good with the 4 channel amp i am getting.

i will be using a rd55.4. the dls will shine with even 55 clean wrms so i can use the other 55rms for the mid bass in the back. or i can just bridge the 4 channels in to 2 and give the dls 150 wrms.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19462
btw guys, i didn't know scan-speak makes alot of drivers for various companies.

look at the botton of this thread. the guy says scan-speak makes alpine speakers.

also you will see jonathan barely started out on this forum at the time. lol. incase you see this jonathan, wassup man.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/1153.html

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6068
i would hold off on putting any rear in untill you get the dls tuned in.

i would look into these if you decide to go with rears tohttp://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=143&products_ id=1604
iv heard real good things about them.

Silver Member

Cincinnati

Post Number: 191
Chad, regarding the M6's....55w won't do them justice. That's the main issue with it. You'd need to throw them at least 125w. 150w is my normal recommendation. They'll get pounding on that.

You gonna be able to listen to the DLS's beforehand?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19468
exige audio...unfortunately no. i wish i could. i am just gonna have to take my chances.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 7416
Damnit Chad! Can't you just leave things alone? Haha, money always burns in your pocket.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19469
lol. i am hoping this is it. at least for a year. i need to start thinking about getting a new car next january. still keeping my accord though.

Bronze Member
Username: Croozer

Rockford, IL United States

Post Number: 58
Dynaudio 242 GT
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us