HELP!! plz...REgULAR BOX OR PORTED>>TWO VOLFENHAG 15'S

IM going to get two volfenhag 15's and im wondering what box i should make.. for the best bass and sound please help me..

motoman22
unfortunately, Volfenhag doesn't tell us much about their drivers. Not sure if they just don't think their customers care or if they have no idea themselves. Either is just as likely.

Be safe, put each in it's own sealed enclosure of about 2.5 cubic feet and if it doesn't sound deep enough, stuff in a couple of pounds of loosely packed Poly Fill. If you use the poly and the bass goes flat, take it (or some of it) back out.

Be sure to have a good crossover and don't allow them to get distorted (turn it down when it sounds like they are trying too hard.) Those subs are not the highest quality and they won't last if you abuse them.

i kno i never got them...i jsut got the good
sh!t.. 2 kicker vr comp 15's

motoman22
VR Comp's are fantastic subs... Kicker quality is really good.

I still have a pair of the really old C-12's (gold 'KICKER' on the dustcap) and they work great. The surround is starting to deterioriate but I may replace the surround and use them again...clean and powerful subs!

Yeah i have them in my room now i just got done making a box..but not sure really what amp to get..i want the best bass and quality for these nice subs

i just bought 2 volfenhag 12's 1000 watt speakers 2000 total! i'm trin to figure out the best way to hook them up to my legacy 1600 watt amp the speaker is a dual 4 omh as of right now ue to the fact that i had it set up for 8 omh and it didnt work at all! (no sound) the speakers are in a Q logic bandpass box! i just bought them so i havent had that much time to play around any suggest'n's to get the best sound??? (this is going into a ex cab truck)

the guy
Nick how many channels does your amp have?

u dont kno me
i heard volfenhag isnt good...but you have legacy with it.. so they'll be fine together...we need to kno the channel count on ur amp

Anonymous
i have 2 volfenhag 15's and they are horrible sound quality subs. my friend has two comp vr's and theyre no good either. both have high spl but thats about it. kicker has never been known for good quality only good spl. in my opinion JL and Rockford have the best sq at high spl.

some body
What do you think about soundstream.

ellfa
Unregistered guest
I have two Pheniox Gold XS 15's in a huge box, i'm pushing them with a 1500watt amp....... it hits hard, when i drove by my friends house i can actully shake the windows in his garage and sh*t on the wall......... you can hear me for blocks (i've had a number of phone calls from cops and a few visits :-) )

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 255
"IM going to get two volfenhag 15's and im wondering what box i should make"

a pine box. one you can bury them in, and then forget they exist.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us